Amok

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I believe they are a pekiti off-shoot, but I'm not certain about that. Don't immediately recognize any of the names. What info are you looking for?

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a bit put off by their misuse / theft of the word "amok", which refers to a religious trance.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
I believe they are a pekiti off-shoot, but I'm not certain about that. Don't immediately recognize any of the names. What info are you looking for?
I am just trying to find out if they are as good as they say, or if anyone has trained with them to varify it (I would like to get information from people that have trained with different people other than AMOK)

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ppko said:
Does anyone here work with them or trained with them what is your veiw on them. http://knifefighting.com/amok/amok.htm
I trained with them for a short period of time during 1996/7, my brother trained with them for a little longer than I did. From my perspective at that time, I thought that they were very technicaly and tactically proficient, and that Mr. Tom Sotis had a very effecient and effective method of teaching. Mr. Steve Perrin, another teacher in the group, was (and I'm sure still is) a very talented and generous man. During my short period of time with them, Mr. Sotis had a very "intense" method of instruction.

[email protected]

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was a practitioner of AMOK! Tribal Art of the Blade, with Prof. Tom Sotis for several years. Prof. Sotis, actually has trained with GT Gaje, Guro Greg Alland, he has also studied Kuntao Silat, trained with Guro Dave Gould, attended seminars in Sayoc Kali as well as a host of other arts as well.(this could be a long list) Prof. Tom introduced me to Dekiti Tirsia Kali when he hosted GT Tortal up in 1999, and even pointed my way to Sayoc Kali, and Tuhon Sayoc.

AMOK! Is a very practical and effective system that you will enjoy training in. Prof. Sotis, you will not do wrong in training with him.

Gumagalang
Guro Steve L.

www.Bujinkandojo.net

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We can probably take that as the last word. For those who don't know Steve he is a very talented martial artist and a skilled FMA player.
Can't ask for a better recommendation.

UrBaN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Airuy, what's Sotis opinion about Sayoc?

And if I may ask, what was the reason of you leaving Amok for Sayoc?

Latest Discussions