American

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

You will definately have at least this Canuck cheering for my Southourn neighbours!

Gou,

How many times do I have to ask you to look at a map.
London ONtario is East of Flint Mi. :D

And Windsor Ont is South of Detroit MI.

So, you are not all North of US!

Seriously, THe Canadian can do what they want with their own moeny and services. As to the Free Medical Care. I am only curious, would the BRain surgery even be available to the average candian subject?

Thank

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Gou,
So, you are not all North of US!

Your brainwashing dogma won't work on me Rich!

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Seriously, THe Canadian can do what they want with their own moeny and services. As to the Free Medical Care. I am only curious, would the BRain surgery even be available to the average candian subject?

Yes. Everyone gets it.

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
That explains a lot about Gou's endless ranting and whining. :D

Hey! Are you accusing us Canucks of suffering brain damage?

'Cuz if so, I'd like you to be aware that I am not as think as you stupid I am.

I can schpel betere than moist ppl I know!

:rolleyes:

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cliarlaoch
Hey! Are you accusing us Canucks of suffering brain damage?

'Cuz if so, I'd like you to be aware that I am not as think as you stupid I am.

I can schpel betere than moist ppl I know!

LMAO. Soooo... are you saying Guo is brain damaged? :D

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

dont fuckn burn the flag....this country gives you rights and makes evryone eqaul. It gives you oppurtunity and stuff. So if u burn the flag, get the **** out.

ANOTHER THING, DONT BOO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM. WHAT THE ****?????????????????? WHY THE **** WHOULD U BOO THE NATIONAL ANTHEM?

OP
G

GouRonin

I think we have to remember that we have a long history together.

I remember the USA putting our Flag upside down during the world series the first time the Canadian team won it. (I am still unsure how you could get it wrong but oh well) I remember the Canadian women's olympic hockey team steam rolling the USA team when they found out the USA put the Canadian flag on the floor of their dressing room and walked all over it. You know that if any other country did any of these things to the USA's flag it's be an international incident

But I also remember the Canadian contrubution to the space shuttle with the space arm. I remember losing one of our astronaughts with yours and the pain we all felt. I remember the Iran hostage affair where Canadians snuck a majority of the US hostages out because no one ever suspects the Canadians of doing anything. I remember the 9/11 tragedy where we sent millions of dollars, as ****** as they are, to the USA and poured out as much help as we could. I remember lines 2 hours long and 2 week waits at blood banks here to send to the USA. (Don't forget, we don't get paid to donate blood here)

I remember my American friends Tim Hartman, Rich Parsons, Zach Whitson, Jeff Blay and more when they come visit and I visit there. Staying at each other's housing like family. I remember the good times at seminars there and here and just generally hanging out.

Sure there are differences and we're not always going to agree but overall I think that I wouldn't want any other neighbour.

OP
C

Cliarlaoch

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
LMAO. Soooo... are you saying Guo is brain damaged? :D

Hey, I'm one of 'em, so I guess if he is, then so am I...

Crap, I'm just digging the hole deeper, now, aren't I?

--note to mods, can we get a smiley with a shovel for such occurences? I could probably use one--

OP
K

Kirk

Kudos to Canada for the 100 million dollars in humanitarian aid
being sent to the Iraqi people! At least they're not just paying
lip service, like the Hollywierd Americans and thier hypocritical b.s!

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kirk
Kudos to Canada for the 100 million dollars in humanitarian aid
being sent to the Iraqi people! At least they're not just paying
lip service, like the Hollywierd Americans and thier hypocritical b.s!

Remember you guys are 10X in population. So if you do some math that would be about 1 billion dollars for you guys.

Like I said, we're a nation of peacekeepers and that is the role we play. In fact down to the last second we were trying to still broker a deal to the UN for the parties involved. As much as I'd like to think we're a big superpower, the fact is we're just not. The problem is that we're a big country geographically and also we live next to the USA so people see us as bigger than we really are.

We do make good contributions and we do lead the world in some areas but we're just content for the most part to be left alone, do our own thing and when called upon by the UN etc we're willing to help out. Just that military-wise we're not a huge power.

We're also a nation of rule followers. If we weren't we'd have killed our political leaders by now over taxes. Ha ha ha! We like order and such. We're big on that sort of thing which is why we like the UN and play a big peacekeeping role on a regular basis.

By the way, rumour has it that Canada just happened to drop off a whole load of supplies to the USA when they bumped into them. Officially we're neutral on the war but if we get a chance to accidentally meet our neighbours to the south it just wouldn't be right to not be neighbourly and make sure they have supplies.

P.S. - %$#@ you Saddam!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Canada commits $100 million for humanitarian aid for people of Iraq
http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/cida_ind...636a2afa0f8e6b1e85256cf400585a09?OpenDocument

(2003-28) News Release
March 26, 2003

Ottawa — The Honourable Susan Whelan, Minister for International Cooperation, today announced that Canada, through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), has committed $100 million in humanitarian assistance for the people of Iraq.

"Today's contribution demonstrates our commitment, on behalf of Canadians, to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people," said Minister Whelan. "There will be an immediate allocation of $20 million to UN humanitarian agencies, the Red Cross and to CARE Canada. This funding will help to ensure that war-affected Iraqis have access to clean water and proper sanitation, food and shelter and primary health care."

CIDA will continue to work in cooperation with these organizations to plan and deliver humanitarian support to the Iraqi people, in the most timely and efficient way possible.

"We are monitoring the situation closely and are in regular contact with our partners and our missions in the region," said Minister Whelan. "The UN and international humanitarian aid agencies are extremely concerned about the impact of the conflict on Iraqi civilians, and are taking measures to respond to humanitarian needs. Canada is committed to support their work."

To date, the Government of Canada has disbursed $5.6 million, in response to the UN's Preparedness Measures Appeal of December 2002.

Funding for these initiatives was provided for in the February 2003 federal budget and therefore is built into the existing fiscal framework.

For more information regarding the funding allocations, please see the attached backgrounder.

- 30 -

Information:

Marta Anderson
Director of Communications
Office of the Minister for International Cooperation
Telephone: (819) 953-6238

Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Telephone: (819) 953-6534
E-mail: [email protected]

Canadian humanitarian aid to Iraq

The Government of Canada, through CIDA, is taking action to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Iraq. CIDA is working with United Nations organizations and other multilateral institutions to plan the delivery of humanitarian aid in Iraq, and is assessing appeals from humanitarian agencies as received.

A contribution of $5.6 million from Canada, in response to the UN preparedness appeals, has already been provided to the following agencies:

$2.9 million to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to provide assistance and protection to refugees and asylum seekers;
$1.6 million to United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) to support activities which provide emergency health, nutrition, water and sanitation assistance, education and child protection;
$1 million to the World Food Programme (WFP) which provides emergency food assistance to refugees and other vulnerable people, as access permits;

$100,000 to the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) to establish effective coordination of humanitarian assistance activities.

An additional $20 million has been allocated in answer to the first round of appeals being received from humanitarian agencies following the outbreak of conflict in Iraq:
$4 million to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR);
$4 million to UNICEF;
$6.3 million to the World Food Programme;
$600,000 to the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA);
$3.5 million to the International Committee of the Red Cross to provide protection, medical care and material assistance to victims of the conflict within Iraq;
$1 million to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, which will work with the UNHCR to provide assistance to Iraqi refugees in neighbouring countries;
$600,000 to CARE Canada for an emergency water supply initiative in urban areas in Iraq when access is safe and permitted.
Since 1990, CIDA has provided over $40 million, including the recent $5.6 million contribution to UN preparedness activities, in humanitarian assistance to vulnerable people inside Iraq and to those displaced to neighbouring countries through UN agencies, the Red Cross Movement, and non-governmental organizations.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Canada pledges continued aid to Afghanistan

(2003-23) News Release
March 17, 2003

Ottawa — The Honourable Susan Whelan, Minister for International Cooperation, today announced that Canada, through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), has renewed its commitment to the reconstruction of Afghanistan with the largest single country pledge ever made by CIDA.

"On behalf of the Government of Canada, I am pleased to announce that Canada has pledged $250 million in new aid to Afghanistan over the next two years, an amount which surpasses last year's commitment," said Minister Whelan. "This funding pledge clearly demonstrates Canada's ongoing commitment to the Afghan people."

This new funding will support four areas which have been identified by the Afghan Government as priorities. CIDA-supported programming will be focused in regions outside of Kabul and in sectors in which Canada has a demonstrated capacity and leadership. They are:

supporting rural livelihoods and social protection, which will include ongoing humanitarian assistance, improving food security and supporting community-driven development;

managing natural resources, with an emphasis on agriculture;

strengthening security and the rule of law through peacebuilding, legal and judicial reform, strengthening democracy and by becoming the lead donor on demining;

providing continued support to the Government of Afghanistan to help solidify its role in its own nation-building and reconstruction efforts.

"Canadians have been working side-by-side with Afghans for many years and with today's pledge, will have contributed more than $500 million to humanitarian aid and to long-term reconstruction since 1990," said Minister Whelan. "The situation will require our best collective efforts to support Afghans as they rebuild their country. Canada continues to make a very real difference to the people of Afghanistan."
The Government's pledge was tabled today by the Canadian delegation at the Afghanistan Development Forum taking place in Brussels. The Forum provides an opportunity for donors to pledge their support in light of the Afghan Government's current plans and priorities and long-term funding requirements.

The funding for this initiative was provided for in the February 2003 federal budget and is therefore built into the existing fiscal framework.

- 30 -

Information:
Valérie Poulin
Press Secretary
Office of the Minister for International Cooperation
Telephone: (819) 953-6238

Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Telephone: (819) 953-6534
E-mail: [email protected]

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember you guys are 10X in population. So if you do some math that would be about 1 billion dollars for you guys.

Let's go by land area, not population.

OP
G

GouRonin

That makes us #2 in the world. Might be #1 depending if you consider Russia to still be whole.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by arnisador
Let's go by land area, not population.

Or generosity. Or humanitarian causes. Or neutrality. Or Bob
and Doug McKenzie.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Found on the Web
==============
Stand Up for America Rally Speech

Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman.
Attached is a copy of Mrs. Chapman's speech, which resulted in five standing ovations, tremendous applause and an encore. It's a short read and well worth it.

Stand Up for America Rally Speech
By: Beth Chapman

I'm here tonight because men and women of the United States military have given their lives for my freedom. I am not here tonight because Sheryl Crowe, Rosie O'Donnell, Martin Sheen, George Clooney, Jane Fonda or Phil Donahue, sacrificed their lives for me.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy. Tonight, I say we should support the President of the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music and whine somewhere else.

After all, if they lived in Iraq, they wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today. Ironically, they would be put to death at the hands of Sadam Husssein or Osama Bin Laden. I want to know how the very people who are against war because of the loss of life, can possibly be the same people who are for abortion? They are the same people who are for animal rights but against the rights of the unborn. The movie stars say they want to go to Iraq and serve as "human shields" for the Iraqis. I say let them buy a one-way ticket and go.

No one likes war. I hate war! But the one thing I hate more is the fact that this country has been forced into war-innocent people have lost their lives - - and there but for the grace of God, it could have been my brother, my husband, or even worse my own son.

On December 7, 1941, ! there are no records of movie stars treading the blazing waters of Pearl Harbor.

On September 11, 2001; there are no photos of movie stars standing as "human shields" against the debris and falling bodies ascending from the World Trade Center. There were only policemen and firemen - -underpaid civil servants who gave their all with nothing expected in return.

When the USS Cole was bombed, there were no movie stars guarding the ship - - where were the human shields then?

If America's movie stars want to be human shields, let them shield the gang-ridden streets of Los Angeles, or New York City, let them shield the lives of the children of North Birmingham whose mothers lay them down to sleep on the floor each night to shelter them from stray bullets.

If they want to be human shields, I say let them shield the men and women of honesty and integrity that epitomizes courage and embody the spirit of freedom by wearing the proud uniforms of the United! States Military. Those are the people who have earned and deserve shielding!

Throughout the course of history, this country has remained free, not because of movie stars and liberal activists, but because of brave men and women who hated war too. However, they lay down their lives so that we all may live in freedom. After all - "What greater love hath no man, that he lay down his life for his friend," or in this case a country.

We should give our military honor and acknowledgement and not let their lives be in vain. If you want to see true human shields, walk through Arlington Cemetery. There lie human shields, heroes, and the BRAVE Americans who didn't get on television and talk about being a human shield - they were human shields.

I thank God tonight for freedom - - those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - - those who will protect it in the present and defend it in the future.

America has remained silent too long! God-fearing people have remained silent too long!

We must lift our voices united in a humble prayer to God for guidance and the strength and courage to sustain us throughout whatever the future may hold.

After the tragic events of Sept. 11th, my then eleven -year-old son said terrorism is a war against them and us and if you're not one of us, then you're one of them.

So in closing tonight, let us be of one accord, let us stand proud, and let us be the human shields of prayer, encouragement and support for the President, our troops and their families and our country.

May God bless America, the land of the free, the home of the brave and the greatest country on the face of this earth!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

By the way, rumour has it that Canada just happened to drop off a whole load of supplies to the USA when they bumped into them. Officially we're neutral on the war but if we get a chance to accidentally meet our neighbours to the south it just wouldn't be right to not be neighbourly and make sure they have supplies.

P.S. - %$#@ you Saddam!

Gou,

A couple of things, First you you cannot run into one of our aircraft cariers and call it accidental :D. Second our insuraces agent will be calling you. :) Third, the Beer was good, bring more!
BTW, some of the guys did not think you brought enough to bribe them all :cool:

Lastly, I tell you I go east to Sarnia or South to Windsor. I just do not understand how you are north of us?? :confused: :eek:

PS: Thanks for the Support you guys rock, and if everyone had the relationship that the Americans and Candians have then the world woudl be a much better place! :asian:

OP
E

Elfan

Just as counterpoint to the movie stars not risking their lives thing, many prominant suporters of the war like Bush, Cheney, Rush Limbaugh, Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Tom Delay, Trent Lott... also lack military experience, although many of them were elegeble for the draft.