America in Decline

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know, all western countries are in the same boat, (deindustrialization), though most not as bad off as the US. Everything, IMHO, comes down to jobs, good manufacturing jobs. Jobs that will pay the bills and over the long term pay off a mortgage and put the kids through school. Without them you will have everything that results from it, crime, poverty, poor education, etc, etc.
We need to stop free trade with countries that don’t give it to us in return. It is still incredibly hard to trade to China. Make good there, no problem, try exporting goods to them though….
It may even be necessary to set up tariffs to keep and create some good manufacturing jobs.
Henry Ford was right, you need to pay your workers a livable wage, after all, they are the ones buying your product.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It may even be necessary to set up tariffs to keep and create some good manufacturing jobs.
Henry Ford was right, you need to pay your workers a livable wage, after all, they are the ones buying your product.

This will never happen. The simple fact of the matter is, the people in power do not have the best interests of their people at heart. The political elites largely consider themselves "post-nationalists". Their main goal is the pillaging of hard-working Americans (and everyone else for that matter) in order to line their own pockets and those of the cronies. Those in the White House care nothing for "America". It's a convenient cash cow to dig their fingers into and a playground to exercise personal power as much as the lobbyists who put them there will allow.

Best regards,

-Mark

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I hate when writers write things just to be sensational and grab attention for themselves. I wish this individual either had a clue, or would stop writing.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate when writers write things just to be sensational and grab attention for themselves. I wish this individual either had a clue, or would stop writing.

Good lord, man. If we required writers to know what the hell they were talking about, we would starve for things to read.