Amazing what you can purchase on Ebay these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
please explain why you think you "need" a KKW cert?

Well Here it is... Your not going to like it. First, I train my self but I also continue my education in the Martial arts. I just don't say " That is the way I was trained". I like to stay currnet and up to date. I mean look at the world around , every profession must keep learning to stay viable. I found in order to become a international referee I needed to be KKW. In order to compete internationally I needed to be KKW. In order to continue to improve my skills in the art of the people that you are dismissing in your comments I needed a KKW. I know you'll say " I've learned Texas Karate or Texas TKD" but the last time I checked Texas was in the United States. And the hybrid system that you are learning has its roots in Japan or Korea. So to answer your question its a small price to pay ( probably the same that you have paid) to ensure that I can keep learning and improving the conditions in my schoo for myself and my students. i mean I could also go to staples and have them print out a really nice certificate to give to my students, sure they don't know the differenace. And some might not even care. But what about the one who will. Do I stick him with some dead end Dan certificate that means nothing outside of my school or state because I feel that the KKW mean nothing? What gives me that right? They come to us because they beleave in what were are doing. And most think what one TKD school is doing,All TKD schools are doing. Your wrong in not at least offering KKW to your students, you were not given the right to make that decision for them.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
oh ya, and your probably one of those people who think that they don't need health insurance ether!:duh:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so, to recap:

to play KKW games, you need a KKW cert

to go to other KKW schools, you need a KKW cert

to ref at KKW games, you need a KKW cert

otherwise?

it's toilet paper

you think you need a KKW cert because the KKW told you you did

congrats, you are the martial arts equivilent of a frat boy

TaeKwonDoKevin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well Here it is... Your not going to like it. First, I train my self but I also continue my education in the Martial arts. I just don't say " That is the way I was trained". I like to stay currnet and up to date. I mean look at the world around , every profession must keep learning to stay viable. I found in order to become a international referee I needed to be KKW. In order to compete internationally I needed to be KKW. In order to continue to improve my skills in the art of the people that you are dismissing in your comments I needed a KKW. I know you'll say " I've learned Texas Karate or Texas TKD" but the last time I checked Texas was in the United States. And the hybrid system that you are learning has its roots in Japan or Korea. So to answer your question its a small price to pay ( probably the same that you have paid) to ensure that I can keep learning and improving the conditions in my schoo for myself and my students. i mean I could also go to staples and have them print out a really nice certificate to give to my students, sure they don't know the differenace. And some might not even care. But what about the one who will. Do I stick him with some dead end Dan certificate that means nothing outside of my school or state because I feel that the KKW mean nothing? What gives me that right? They come to us because they beleave in what were are doing. And most think what one TKD school is doing,All TKD schools are doing. Your wrong in not at least offering KKW to your students, you were not given the right to make that decision for them.

Sir, no disrespect meant.....again, it sounds like it is being said that if EVERYONE doesn't teach KKW TKD then it's not real TKD. For your info, the ATA (i'm no fan of them) IS the largest TaeKwonDo association in the USA. The chances of one of your students moving and walking into an ATA school is pretty good. So through your own "logic" we should all join the largest Association - the ATA.............NO Thank You.
For some reason, there is this thought, that Instructors must keep paying and paying big $$$ to keep up on things. Thats ONLY True with SOME Associations. The Association that I belong to has FREE Instructor Camps AND FREE Instructor Testings.
Small Price to Pay?? How many Hundreds per Black Belt? How many Thousands to 5th Degree? When the day comes that I test for 5th Degree, it will cost me ZERO. That's money saved that I can re-invest into my students. Keeping current is our job, I agree with you Sir, but also making sure they don't get overcharged is also my job.
Just my Opinion - But I do stand by it.
Respectfully,
-Kevin

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Not much above made sense.

"First, I train my self but I also continue my education in the Martial arts. I just don't say " That is the way I was trained". I like to stay currnet and up to date. I mean look at the world around , every profession must keep learning to stay viable."

You believe holding KKW membership is the only way to stay current? What about learning anatomy? What about learning nutrition? How about just some good old fashioned hard training with and without your dojang?

"In order to compete internationally I needed to be KKW. "

You could also join the ITF or the GTF or a handful of other orgs that are large enough to hold international tournaments. That is, if sport TKD is even one's interest to begin with.

"I know you'll say " I've learned Texas Karate or Texas TKD" but the last time I checked Texas was in the United States. And the hybrid system that you are learning has its roots in Japan or Korea. So to answer your question its a small price to pay ( probably the same that you have paid) to ensure that I can keep learning and improving the conditions in my schoo for myself and my students"

Huh? Not sure what you're trying to say here or what Texas' status as a state has to do with the universal value of a KKW rank.

"i mean I could also go to staples and have them print out a really nice certificate to give to my students, sure they don't know the differenace. And some might not even care. But what about the one who will. Do I stick him with some dead end Dan certificate that means nothing outside of my school or state because I feel that the KKW mean nothing?"

You're definitely a true believer. Let's just say the currency of a KKW certificate is worthless in certain circles...And that's without even bringing up the various competing orgs like the ITF(s).

"What gives me that right? They come to us because they beleave in what were are doing. And most think what one TKD school is doing,All TKD schools are doing. Your wrong in not at least offering KKW to your students, you were not given the right to make that decision for them"

Do you seriously believe this? Seriously?

OP
Jphtkd

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

OP
Jphtkd

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
lol it does! I wonder what your therapist would say about that...

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah, i guess the KKW impresses some people. So does the ATA come to think of it.
I really enjoy most of your post's and agree 99% of the time with what you have to say....HOWEVER, please do not ever again compare the KKW with the ATA.
That is like comparing the NFL to pop warner.
TYVM

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I really enjoy most of your post's and agree 99% of the time with what you have to say....HOWEVER, please do not ever again compare the KKW with the ATA.
That is like comparing the NFL to pop warner.
TYVM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sir, no disrespect meant.....again, it sounds like it is being said that if EVERYONE doesn't teach KKW TKD then it's not real TKD. For your info, the ATA (i'm no fan of them) IS the largest TaeKwonDo association in the USA. The chances of one of your students moving and walking into an ATA school is pretty good. So through your own "logic" we should all join the largest Association - the ATA.............NO Thank You.
For some reason, there is this thought, that Instructors must keep paying and paying big $$$ to keep up on things. Thats ONLY True with SOME Associations. The Association that I belong to has FREE Instructor Camps AND FREE Instructor Testings.
Small Price to Pay?? How many Hundreds per Black Belt? How many Thousands to 5th Degree? When the day comes that I test for 5th Degree, it will cost me ZERO. That's money saved that I can re-invest into my students. Keeping current is our job, I agree with you Sir, but also making sure they don't get overcharged is also my job.
Just my Opinion - But I do stand by it.
Respectfully,
-Kevin

I feel for you Kevin! Yes, I to once had to wear Wlamart shoes when my friends wore Nikes! I even went so far as to draw a swoop on the to fit in.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao::lfao:

:highfive:

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Not much above made sense.

"First, I train my self but I also continue my education in the Martial arts. I just don't say " That is the way I was trained". I like to stay currnet and up to date. I mean look at the world around , every profession must keep learning to stay viable."

You believe holding KKW membership is the only way to stay current? What about learning anatomy? What about learning nutrition? How about just some good old fashioned hard training with and without your dojang?

"In order to compete internationally I needed to be KKW. "

You could also join the ITF or the GTF or a handful of other orgs that are large enough to hold international tournaments. That is, if sport TKD is even one's interest to begin with.

"I know you'll say " I've learned Texas Karate or Texas TKD" but the last time I checked Texas was in the United States. And the hybrid system that you are learning has its roots in Japan or Korea. So to answer your question its a small price to pay ( probably the same that you have paid) to ensure that I can keep learning and improving the conditions in my schoo for myself and my students"

Huh? Not sure what you're trying to say here or what Texas' status as a state has to do with the universal value of a KKW rank.

"i mean I could also go to staples and have them print out a really nice certificate to give to my students, sure they don't know the differenace. And some might not even care. But what about the one who will. Do I stick him with some dead end Dan certificate that means nothing outside of my school or state because I feel that the KKW mean nothing?"

You're definitely a true believer. Let's just say the currency of a KKW certificate is worthless in certain circles...And that's without even bringing up the various competing orgs like the ITF(s).

"What gives me that right? They come to us because they beleave in what were are doing. And most think what one TKD school is doing,All TKD schools are doing. Your wrong in not at least offering KKW to your students, you were not given the right to make that decision for them"

Do you seriously believe this? Seriously?

Sure I do! I would not have wrote it if I didn't. You most of you KKW bashers make me smile anyway. Its a big sansbox you find a toy! Just hang in there little guy, you have already made a friend in Kevin. He wears Walmart shoes also.:)

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think we owe it to our students to offer some sort of recognized certification for Black Belt. I am not going to argue the merits of ITF/KKW/ATA whatever, but I think that if we are going to have students dedicate years of blood sweat and tears and yes even money, that their rank ought to be somewhat transferable somewhere.
I guess I feel this way because I was one of those who's instructor told everyone they were going to receive Kukkiwon certificates, and then skipped town. I had to track down another master who was at my test. I (well my parents really) made sure that I received the certificate I was due (by paying for it again) and when I went and joined another school I was recognized as a 2nd degree, while my peers were not. Many of our students will end up leaving us at somepoint (college, job change, etc) and I want to make sure their certification is recognized somewhere beyond my dojang.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I guess my point is ( unlike Double D's or Twin foot or whatever) I'm not bashing the ITF or ATA. If that is the system that you study so be it. They have there own cerificates, and that great! But for Kukkiwon Taekwondo it is KKW Dan Ceriticate. If not don't teach Kukki taekwondo. Call it something else. But you can't have the best of both worlds. And as far as the money!!! I paid my instructor a hell of alot more money then I ever paid the KKW! And if Mr. Kevin feel that he is doing a great service to this students by not offering a $70.00 certificate, well..... $70.00 for 5 or 6 years of training, come on!

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
About Us

At Twin Fist Martial Arts, we teach a unique system of modern martial arts that teaches self defense and produces students who are disciplined, confidant, coordinated, physically fit people. Using American Tae Kwon Do as the basis of our style, and incorporating elements from many styles we have developed a system for dealing with real world threats in modern situations.
So I can understand why you would not use KKW. And why you would use your own. And that fine! But for those of us who use Kukki TKD,we use KKW Dan. Now you see, I'm not bashing your choice. Big sandbox

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Programs and Prices
Fitness Plus: Choose one art
  • Pay out: $810*
  • 1 month: $105
  • 3 month: $95/month
  • 6 month: $85/month
  • 1 year: $75/month
Black Belt: Choose two arts
  • Pay out: $918*
  • 1 month: $115
  • 3 month: $105/month
  • 6 month: $95/month
  • 1 year: $85/month
Masters: Choose any three arts
  • Pay out: $1026*
  • 1 month: $125
  • 3 month: $115/month
  • 6 month: $105/month
  • 1 year: $95/month
Leadership: Choose any four arts
  • Pay out: $1134*
  • 1 month: $135
  • 3 month: $125/month
  • 6 month: $115/month
  • 1 year: $105/month
Victory: All five arts
  • Pay out: $1242*
  • 1 month: $145
  • 3 month: $135/month
  • 6 month: $125/month
  • 1 year: $115/month
*Pay out is full payment of one-year contract, with 10% discount, at time of contract signing.
**Uniforms, weapons, and equipment not included in program pricing.

Come on Kevin, your really saving your students money! Buddy you can afford those Nikes!​

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
my my, you are insulting aint ya?

you keep sending your money to korea in return for a piece of paper, and keep fleecing your students by outright lying to them and telling them it matters..

I guess when you cant have skill, you might as well have a piece of paper with some Korean writing on it........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions