Amazing what you can purchase on Ebay these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The ninjutsu folks would have a field day with this thread if the issue were Hatsumi Sensei and Hayes. :lfao:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep your discussions polite and respectful.

jks9199

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
my my, you are insulting aint ya?

you keep sending your money to korea in return for a piece of paper, and keep fleecing your students by outright lying to them and telling them it matters..

I guess when you cant have skill, you might as well have a piece of paper with some Korean writing on it........

So I don't have skill? Is that what your saying?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep your discussions polite and respectful.

jks9199

Gentlemen please adhere to the above moderator warning and get back on track. Thanks!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I never said KKW was the only "real" tkd. To each his own. But because I chose to teach and participate in that Type of TKD, it is what I got. It is what I do. If I were teaching ITF, ATA, AAMA, WXYZ or whatever, I would expect to be cert'd by them also. Because I do KKW TKD, doesnt mean I don't go above and beyond thier standards. And I dont agree with the changes they always make. But its something That I teach and will offer. The WTF is about the "GAME". I hate the bs they call sparring. KKW is about TAEKWONDO. When and if you ever leave your corner of the world you live in, you will see that no matter how great Jimmy Joe Bob's TKD is and what a great student you were, in the "birthplace" of TKD... Korea.... they will laugh at your so called TKD BB Dan Cert. And yes, it pissed me off. And yes, I still continued to train and decided to get it so I do not put any of my students in the same position I found myself in.

It is easy to dismiss something you cannot be a part of.

TF:
Why even call what you do Tae Kwon Do? Why call it AMERICAN TAEKWONDO? Theres nothing american about TAEKWONDO. the words dont even mean anything in english except the DO which is do. So if you despise Korean "leaches" so much and care not what they teach or offer.... call it "American Way Of Kicking and Punching" Does taking a traditional Korean art with its roots in Korea and adding your own twist make it American? oh... thats right... the NAME Taekwondo has more credibility than the real name..."American Way Of Kicking and Punching".

Look.... bottom line, you do what works for you in your corner of the texarkana.

tkdkevin:
Your org NPTA is just another group of schools who couldn't fit in for what ever reason and decided to start their own lil biker gang. Orgs around the country are like biker gangs, a dime a dozen, and dont mean squat outside their little stomping grounds. They are gonna give you 5th because you keep paying in to them. Free is how you look at it.

It kills me when 2 or 3 guys who might have been good (or not) decide they don't like how any other group or community operates and decide to Start thier own thing and sell it like its a NATIONAL org, because brother Bob in Tenn and Sister Sarah in Kentucky join. Then you sell the BS to your students like it is a HHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE org all over the country with "hundreds" of members. Give me a break. These orgs only exists because they would rather put money into thier own pocket than those "LEACHES" in Korea....

HEY ALL:
Today I learned Shoalin Kung Fu. I will add my twist and call it american Shoalin and cut out any credit to china. No reason to visit the birthplace of Shoalin and be a real Shoalin Kung-fu-ist.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I never said KKW was the only "real" tkd. To each his own. But because I chose to teach and participate in that Type of TKD, it is what I got. It is what I do. If I were teaching ITF, ATA, AAMA, WXYZ or whatever, I would expect to be cert'd by them also. Because I do KKW TKD, doesnt mean I don't go above and beyond thier standards. And I dont agree with the changes they always make. But its something That I teach and will offer. The WTF is about the "GAME". I hate the bs they call sparring. KKW is about TAEKWONDO. When and if you ever leave your corner of the world you live in, you will see that no matter how great Jimmy Joe Bob's TKD is and what a great student you were, in the "birthplace" of TKD... Korea.... they will laugh at your so called TKD BB Dan Cert. And yes, it pissed me off. And yes, I still continued to train and decided to get it so I do not put any of my students in the same position I found myself in.

It is easy to dismiss something you cannot be a part of.

TF:
Why even call what you do Tae Kwon Do? Why call it AMERICAN TAEKWONDO? Theres nothing american about TAEKWONDO. the words dont even mean anything in english except the DO which is do. So if you despise Korean "leaches" so much and care not what they teach or offer.... call it "American Way Of Kicking and Punching" Does taking a traditional Korean art with its roots in Korea and adding your own twist make it American? oh... thats right... the NAME Taekwondo has more credibility than the real name..."American Way Of Kicking and Punching".

Look.... bottom line, you do what works for you in your corner of the texarkana.

tkdkevin:
Your org NPTA is just another group of schools who couldn't fit in for what ever reason and decided to start their own lil biker gang. Orgs around the country are like biker gangs, a dime a dozen, and dont mean squat outside their little stomping grounds. They are gonna give you 5th because you keep paying in to them. Free is how you look at it.

It kills me when 2 or 3 guys who might have been good (or not) decide they don't like how any other group or community operates and decide to Start thier own thing and sell it like its a NATIONAL org, because brother Bob in Tenn and Sister Sarah in Kentucky join. Then you sell the BS to your students like it is a HHHHUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE org all over the country with "hundreds" of members. Give me a break. These orgs only exists because they would rather put money into thier own pocket than those "LEACHES" in Korea....

HEY ALL:
Today I learned Shoalin Kung Fu. I will add my twist and call it american Shoalin and cut out any credit to china. No reason to visit the birthplace of Shoalin and be a real Shoalin Kung-fu-ist.
As a foot note: If you go the route that Twin fist did. Make sure that your curriculum offer things such as" killing unicorns" "Pulling swords from stone" and " the death touch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions