Age we stop improving?

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm 41 and over the time my mind is improvin, I'm a little wisser but my body is not improving to much, since I return TKD 2 years ago, my stamina ha simproved a little but just a little not gran deal, however my body aches alot afther the classes and I have had some injures that in my youth I never dream abou them.

I can not jump/spinin and performe good kicks at the same time, I can't kick higer (as I did in my golden days) almost all my kicks are simpleones at stomach/chest level, my tecnicke is very good (I'm old school) however I suffer when I have to do sparring against youngers and well traines TKDoings, also the very intense sessions of TKD are harder on my feet,anckles,knees you know.

However let me tell TKD is something I love to do, yes I know with a good diet and more exercise I can improve a little, but not beag deal.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We never stop improving this is what seperate us the Martial Artist from the average person. Keep training and one day we will find enlightment when it is all said and done.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the older i get the better and more efficient i become :BSmeter:
In theory, you may actually be correct.:) We get older, so efficiency and economy of movement become more valueable to a martial artist. A twenty year old can waste energy bouncing and throwing out a lot of flashy moves, but to a fifty year old, economy of motion and efficiency versus flash are vital.

Daniel

Latest Discussions