Aeon Flux.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We saw it yesterday. Definitely a disappointment. Not horrible, but apart from style there's very little to recommend it. They did give a great deal of backstory, which was good, but I found Trevor to be insufficiently haughty for my tastes!

The fight scenes were fine, but as a martial artist they were too short and showed too little of the alleged capoeira training Charlize Theron undertook for the role.

I don't feel cheated, but I would recommend waiting for it to come to HBO rather than bothering with it in the theatre.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno. I thought it was ok. Nice SFX. Course, I'm not that familiar with the original. I'd buy it if it's cheap enough on DVD.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had watched the orginal series on MTV as my wife was a fan of it. Maybe it's hard for me to judge it on its own merits because of that. The special effects were indeed good, but I just didn't find much meat to the story.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Charlize Theron had worn the costume (or lack thereof) from the cartoon series, I would've been there on opening day. As it stands, I'll prolly wait for this one to hit video.

Latest Discussions