X-Men 3 trailer

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like Storm is going to be a LOT more powerful than in the other two movies, where she was a total wimp. I'm still mad about Rogue not flying.

Otherwise, movie looks pretty good.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you have Quicktime 7 installed?

If I click "View the announcement teaser" on the left, nothing happens. It might be loading but I can't tell.

If I click "High definition announcement teaser" I can see that it is loading (beneath the viewing screen). The first HD listing (480P) loads pretty quickly.

Does that work for you?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eh, Its no "Punisher"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Eh, Its no "Punisher"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's no Hulk or Electra either. Of course, they all pale compared to Catwoman.

Swordlady said:
Looks like Storm is going to be a LOT more powerful than in the other two movies, where she was a total wimp. I'm still mad about Rogue not flying.

Well, Storm should be very powerful. It's either natural character progression or Halle Berry wanted a more memorable role.

As for Rogue, the first movie showed her powers manifest for the first time. Therefore, this is all before Rogue absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers (including flight). Of course, they've also changed Rogue's connection to Mystique, the composition of The Brotherhood, Rogue's relationship with Iceman, and so on.

From the looks of the trailer, they are going to start a love triangle between Rogue, Iceman, and Kitty. At least one might conclude this from the trailer. If they don't have the connection between Kitty and Colossus, I will be most unhappy.

But, since neither of these characters have really been spotlighted yet (although both are in the film) I think they will go for the aforementioned love triangle. It will add more character tension. The movie doesn't need 2 teen couples.

Like most book to screen adaptations, I concede that some things have to be changed to incorporate so much history into one movie. I'll just be glad to see it.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Well, Storm should be very powerful. It's either natural character progression or Halle Berry wanted a more memorable role.

My understanding is that the latter is the case--she almost refused to do a third film because of her small role.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea bring on Halle Barry more power more beauty. Way to go hollywood.
Terry

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see they're finally going to include Beast, after writing him out of the first one due to concerns about make-up time. I wonder how they'll treat his character, since his scientific knowledge was folded into the Jean Grey character.
Overall, the movies have been fun to watch. I was even able to get over the fact that Hugh Jackman is over 6', while Wolverine is supposed to be closer to 5'.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Logan is 5' 3" and weighs 195 lbs (if I remember correctly). His weight is due, of course, to the adamantium lacig in his skeleton.

I didn't see Nightcrawler in this one. Maybe they thought 2 blue members were too much.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My friend Mel asked me "What's with all the blue guys?" when I showed her the profile photo for Beast (I hope Kelsey Grammer doesn't screw it up by the way). I guess mutants turn blue.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully, the story doesn't suffer from all the new characters. I see Juggernaut, Callisto, Angel, Beast, etc on the official website.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Hopefully, the story doesn't suffer from all the new characters. I see Juggernaut

What I thought was Juggernaut in the trailer seemed much too small. I hope they "blow him up" a bit!

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
My friend Mel asked me "What's with all the blue guys?" when I showed her the profile photo for Beast (I hope Kelsey Grammer doesn't screw it up by the way). I guess mutants turn blue.

Well, Mystique is blue and Nightcrawler is her son (in the comic, not the movies) so that explains the blue skin.

Beast wasn't always blue. He was originally a normal looking guy except he had dense musculature and overly large hands and feet. At a later point he mutated further into the blue-furred beast...and still later de-evolved into another variation of this.

And yes, Arnisador, Henry McCoy aka The Beast was seen on a television in the first movie discussing mutation. He had a human appearance at that time.

splazzatch

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes, that is what it took for me to get it to work. I simply upgraded my quicktime..I have version 7 now, I had version 6.

That is an amazing trailer. I can't wait I am such a fan of X-men

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Well, Mystique is blue and Nightcrawler is her son (in the comic, not the movies)

My recollection is that in one of the movies there was a bare hint of this relationship, that those in the know would recognize but those who had only seen the movies would not. But, I'd have to view it again to see if I am remembering correctly.

OP
Navarre

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
My recollection is that in one of the movies there was a bare hint of this relationship, that those in the know would recognize but those who had only seen the movies would not. But, I'd have to view it again to see if I am remembering correctly.

The only scene I can recall where Mystique and Nightcrawler are really around each other is when they are in the woods after Magneto prevents the Blackbird from crashing.

I don't recall any hint at a connection though. I'll go back and look at it. I mean, they've essentially revised all of X-Men history for the movies. But, again, I understand why so many things had to be changed.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
The only scene I can recall where Mystique and Nightcrawler are really around each other is when they are in the woods after Magneto prevents the Blackbird from crashing.

Yes, that's the one I mean. You have to be looking for it. Let me know if you agree that a hint is there for those in the know!

Latest Discussions