According to my weight/height ratio , should i lose more than 8 kilos ?!

Pedro sanchez

White Belt
Reaction score
My doctor said i should lose at least 8 kilos for some health concerns basically NAFLD steatosis.

According to this picture i am at 140 kilos 188 cm , and i would like to know if i should lose more.

Screenshot-20230830-162352-Gallery.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As an example of what you would be capable of chipping off if you wanted to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_042402_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_042402_Chrome.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 17

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's called visceral fat. It's not just wrapped around you like a belt, it's all around your organs on the inside, especially your liver.

It's very hard to get rid of, but responds well to exercise. Requires a long term diet and exercise regimen, but the health benefits are huge.

My general response to "should I lose weight" is "you can always just stop accumulating it".

#1 challenge is avoiding cravings. Obvious but true.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been losing, but I don't recommend the diet...first...get gastritis....... Note: I DO NOT recommend this gastritis stuff to anyone........ but I needed to lose so I am not complaining

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm the opposite (another thing that I don't belong to the mainstream).

It took me almost 6 months to add 5 lb weight. Since I don't eat anything that walk on the land or fly in the sky, I try to eat see bass (for $7, I can get 7 whole fishes in one package) and vegetable every day. I also eat unsalted roaster peanuts for snacks. I do want to add another 12 lb in the next 6 months if I can.

OP
P

Pedro sanchez

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm finding that staying busy helps. When I'm idle, I think about the cravings.
Oh, and no sweets in the house.

This is exactly my problem , i don't have a daily work routine , and the reason is because I am treating schizophrenia ( 8 years now ) . So i switched from working for a company to self-employement , mainly because I can't stand busy schedules and the stress that comes with it , and also all the complexities that this illness forced me to deal with.

So now I am trying to find a way to build a routine but with an amount of work that keeps me stress free .

I am currently in a hidden electronics repair work-bench inside a residence .

Do you think moving to another work shop/bench will solve my problem both financially and physically ?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is exactly my problem , i don't have a daily work routine , and the reason is because I am treating schizophrenia ( 8 years now ) . So i switched from working for a company to self-employement , mainly because I can't stand busy schedules and the stress that comes with it , and also all the complexities that this illness forced me to deal with.

So now I am trying to find a way to build a routine but with an amount of work that keeps me stress free .

Do you think moving to another work shop/bench will solve my problem both financially and physically ?
None of us can tell you if it will solve any financial issues. And we can't say for sure if it'll solve physical issue (ie weight). But I think I can be pretty confident that it wont solve the physical part at least. If you'd be doing the same work somewhere else, there wouldn't be enough of a change in exercise to actually make a change there, and that also wouldn't address the eating habits.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Oh yeah, I'm self-employed, too. As a result, I always have something I could be doing.
(not to mention tidying the house and so on)
I try to be just busy enough to distract me from the idleness that encourages the cravings.

Sorry, not sure if moving your workspace would help you, either way.
I get it -- I've got my own issues, but not as serious as schizophrenia. What does your counsellor/doctor advise?

OP
P

Pedro sanchez

White Belt
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm self-employed, too. As a result, I always have something I could be doing.
(not to mention tidying the house and so on)
I try to be just busy enough to distract me from the idleness that encourages the cravings.

Sorry, not sure if moving your workspace would help you, either way.
I get it -- I've got my own issues, but not as serious as schizophrenia. What does your counsellor/doctor advise?

Well here is how my vicious cycle runs :

1 ) I need to work to get money to treat my schizophrenia , because our government doesn't give free meds or financial support for incapacity.

2-a) Even if i take medications to treat symptoms , there is these debilitating negative symptoms that take away some functions , and makes it almost impossible to stick to a work routine or even work in the long run.

2-b) My industrial electronics repair job is now almost dead with the manufacturing engineers doing their best to make unfixable devices , much like the smartphones and tablets.

3) So now am back to point 1 and this is where am stuck . I am confused about what job should I learn or try , in order to get things back up again.....

Latest Discussions