Able Sandoval JKD

Discussion in 'JKD / Jeet Kune Do' started by Eian, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Eian

Eian White Belt

Just wandering if I could get some help. I'm trying to track down my linage. My Sifu's Sifu's name is Adrian Sandoval. I know nothing about him except that he taught in CA. I would really like to know more about him. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. KPM

KPM Senior Master

Can't you ask him?

3. Transk53

Transk53 The Dark Often Prevails

• Supporting Member
  4. Eian

Eian White Belt

5. Eian

Eian White Belt

No. I have not seen my Sifu since about 2004. It's a long story, but he is a difficult guy to get a hold of.

6. Eian

Eian White Belt

I don't think it is. Thanks for your help. He looks too young.

7. Milligan

Milligan White Belt

You had said your instructor's instructor was Abel Sandoval. I'm told that Steve Johnson was taught by Bruce Lee. Steve Johnson taught Abel Sandoval.
    Abel Sandoval taught Bill and many others including myself. Abel has passed away many years ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Eian

Eian White Belt

Dude, thank you so much. Is there any way I could talk to you? I would like to know more about his teaching methods. I have so many questions. Thanks. I can give you my e-mail and from there I could give you my number.

9. Milligan

Milligan White Belt

Sure thing

10. Eian

Eian White Belt

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yellowledbetter

Yellowledbetter White Belt

I just noticed this post. It saddens me to hear that Sifu Abel has passed away. I suspected this was likely the case given his age, but still sad to hear the confirmation of it. I studied under Abel Sandoval in Palmdale, CA for years. He was a role model of a man, and an extremely excellent martial artist. He shaped my life in many ways. My dad had taken me to a Bruce Lee film when I was 13 years old, and I was smitten with martial arts immediately. I learned all I could about Bruce Lee and Jeet Kune Do from books, and then later discovered that Abel had a studio in our very own (then) tiny town of Palmdale. We were poor, and could not afford lessons. My dad went and spoke with Abel privately about it, and Abel agreed to let my dad make him signage for the studio, as needed, in exchange for my lessons. Over the years, I only recall my dad making one or two signs for him, which hung in his studio into the early 90's. He literally instructed me for free, for years. The arts gave me the discipline and confidence to accomplish many things in life, and I made sure to go back and tell him so, which he appreciated very much.

• Like Like x 1