A Zoom meet up???

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I would be up for it. Suggest that the first one be a chat, rather than physical demonstrations (forms comparisons).

I think it would also be great to keep it a Wing Chun circle, if possible. No offense intended to good guys like gps, who I'm sure would not disrupt, but the biggest problem that I think we have posting about Wing Chun here is being trolled and/or talked over by people who have chosen a different path.

Seems reasonable.

The host is effectively the moderator, so they decide who receives an invite. The host can also mute or kick unwelcome visitors from the Zoom meet-up. This way they can keep the flow of the agreed upon conversation on track without any painful friction or bickering.

The host would just need to share the Zoom meet-up link via private message as opposed to making the link public, so it effectively becomes invite only. Yak could pick a date and time that works for everyone, announce it on this thread, and then send out PM invites. BAM!

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK let's get a roll call and who
Seems reasonable.

The host is effectively the moderator, so they decide who receives an invite. The host can also mute or kick unwelcome visitors from the Zoom meet-up. This way they can keep the flow of the agreed upon conversation on track without any painful friction or bickering.

The host would just need to share the Zoom meet-up link via private message as opposed to making the link public, so it effectively becomes invite only. Yak could pick a date and time that works for everyone, announce it on this thread, and then send out PM invites. BAM!

Who is open for Saturday the 30th
at 3pm Eastern?

I'm a cheapskate, does anyone have the paid Zoom app? With the free app we're limited to 40 minutes. The paid app is unlimited.

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I should be able to make that date and time work.

40 minutes seems reasonable for a first meeting, but if someone has a paid account then I suppose an hour is better

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m up for it. Not primarily a WC guy, but I still run through the Sil Nim Tau on occasion and I’ll slip in bits of WC during small-glove MMA sparring.

Poppity

Green Belt
Reaction score
My school used zoom last week, for the first time. first session is unlimited time mainly because of Google meet and WhatsApp competition. if you book another zoom meeting immediately after that second meeting has unlimited time as well.

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Who is open for Saturday the 30th
at 3pm Eastern?
Well, I guess I should login more often... ;)

What was the verdict, did a Zoom meet-up happen? Sorry I didn't chime-in earlier.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess I should login more often... ;)

What was the verdict, did a Zoom meet-up happen? Sorry I didn't chime-in earlier.

I ended up working. I work in the medical field so my work never really stopped and now is back full throttle.

Latest Discussions