A very different 3rd form

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I should mention, since it didn't show up on the link, that the video I posted above was touted as the "4th form" of one of the mainland Wing Chun systems.

anerlich

Brown Belt
Reaction score
But several people (including TWC people) agreed that this is just too close to TWC's Chum Kil form. In this age of video it's just too easy for someone to copy something from DVD and claim it as "original."

It has some similarities certainly, but he looks to have mixed other stuff in there as well. I don't really follow how non-TWC lineages do their forms so I'm hardly an authority.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm gonna call have to BS on that one. As far as I've ever been able to tell, Yip Man's the one that invented the "punch>tan>roll>pull back" motion, and all legitimate lineages that predate him have some form of snaking or Biu Jee-esque movement in place of that, or they don't have it at all.

Reactions: KPM

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
KPM, do find value in being a member of that FB forum? I've heard (on the Reddit WC forum) that FB forum is a vile place...no moderation, etc.

You're already missed Henrik's first "goodbye forever" post. Some things never change #dramaQueen.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You're already missed Henrik's first "goodbye forever" post. Some things never change #dramaQueen.

I saw on that 'other' forum that he said goodbye............again....... hahaha

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure what all the noise serves, but this is probably the most 'different' 3rd form I've ever seen!

I don't know anything about the art, but those elbow strikes were terrible. It should kind of happen out in front of you on center line.

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I should mention, since it didn't show up on the link, that the video I posted above was touted as the "4th form" of one of the mainland Wing Chun systems.

Interesting. Do you know the name of this "4th form"?

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
^^^^^ No. The original poster didn't provide a name.

Latest Discussions