A Tale of Courage from the Marvelous Monk Wong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
A Chinese MA teacher tells his student not to use the original Chinese name. It doesn't sound logical to me.
As we all know, that's how he dodges the questions that would establish his legitimacy if he were able to answer them. "Monk Wong said I can't discuss that!"

It takes an even bigger idiot to assume that people are that damn idiotic.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It takes an even bigger idiot to assume that people are that damn idiotic.
Like I said earlier, I'm still trying to figure out if this is:
  • Someone trying to promote their school here.
  • Someone just completely trolling.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, I'm still trying to figure out if this is:
  • Someone trying to promote their school here.
  • Someone just completely trolling.
Has to be the latter. This isn't a real-time chat room, so he could easily take time to make up some BS or Google some translations, what Chinese words are used for what in CMA, etc - and we'd be none the wiser. Definitely either trolling or stupid.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Has to be the latter. This isn't a real-time chat room, so he could easily take time to make up some BS or Google some translations, what Chinese words are used for what in CMA, etc - and we'd be none the wiser. Definitely either trolling or stupid.
I just mean - a few months ago we had someone making similar posts. About how his teacher was someone supposedly famous (in his little circle of the world) and all of these associated feats, and it was in regards to trying to get people to take remote training.

It wasn't nearly as outlandish as the claims being made here. And it wasn't as silly as trying to get people to go a specific park at 9 AM in nondescript clothes and do "walking meditation". But it could be that someone is actually trying to pass that off as a martial arts class and is posting the exploits of a supposed master for clout.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just mean - a few months ago we had someone making similar posts. About how his teacher was someone supposedly famous (in his little circle of the world) and all of these associated feats, and it was in regards to trying to get people to take remote training.

It wasn't nearly as outlandish as the claims being made here. And it wasn't as silly as trying to get people to go a specific park at 9 AM in nondescript clothes and do "walking meditation". But it could be that someone is actually trying to pass that off as a martial arts class and is posting the exploits of a supposed master for clout.

Please stop piling up on the new guy. He did nothing Wong.

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm a disciple of the great Monk Wong.

Many years ago, Monk Wong was training in Jian by the ancient lake near the Leopard Temple, and happened to have a large amount of gold bullion on his person. Out of nowhere, a gang of thieves surrounded him and said, "Oi Wong, hand over the dosh." Now Monk Wong is also a master in spiritual tolerance, and so attempted the way of peace, saying, "I can see you are a noble band of thieves. Heed the warning and be on your way." Sadly for the gang, the didn't listen.

Within seconds Wong had disarmed every single one of them and dished out a fair few knuckle sandwiches on the way.

I often recall this episode during my own training. The key lesson = first try the way of peace. If this doesn't work, no more Mr Nice Guy.

I remember that story! If my memory serves me right, this is what the chief monk told him when he came back:

"You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden, that you would not survive in the wild and that you have no place amongst us? I've never been so Wong in all my life."

Then he embraced him.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you end up going to the park?
No! He was clearly trolling or delusionalā€¦.likely both. šŸ˜‚ I was convinced he was what weā€™d call a ā€˜knobā€™eadā€™ (person with a impotent phallus growing from his forehead) over here when, in response to my question (post #8) about Master Wankerā€™s spiritual path, he said-

3. Monk Wong follows his own path, which takes the best of Buddhist, Taoist and Confucianist principles. It is a wise and noble path, reserved for the very few.
šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

At 8:30 this morning, I was sitting in my sunny Devon home with a pain au chocolate, croissant and a cafe latte laughing at the dweebs feeble attempts to fool us with his stories and claims.

It was all great fun thoughā€¦.I really enjoyed it!

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Check out this thread! This whack job has been at it for at least four years now. @Xue Sheng , you were actually there talking to this guy on MAP before.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No! He was clearly trolling or delusionalā€¦.likely both. šŸ˜‚ I was convinced he was what weā€™d call a ā€˜knobā€™eadā€™ (person with a impotent phallus growing from his forehead) over here when, in response to my question (post #8) about Master Wankerā€™s spiritual path, he said-

3. Monk Wong follows his own path, which takes the best of Buddhist, Taoist and Confucianist principles. It is a wise and noble path, reserved for the very few.
šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

At 8:30 this morning, I was sitting in my sunny Devon home with a pain au chocolate, croissant and a cafe latte laughing at the dweebs feeble attempts to fool us with his stories and claims.

It was all great fun thoughā€¦.I really enjoyed it!
Yeah, I think he was trolling the group and expecting fellow trolls to come and laugh at how well he trolled us.
How Wong he was.

I think your morning was well-spent. Cheers!

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I remember that story! If my memory serves me right, this is what the chief monk told him when he came back:

"You! What were you doing? You nearly got yourself killed! Did I not say that you would be a burden, that you would not survive in the wild and that you have no place amongst us? I've never been so Wong in all my life."

Then he embraced him.
... and there was much rejoicing!

(sorry, "wejoicing.")

Status
Not open for further replies.