a question

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Teppan said:
As i read in the FAQ they are very helpful in the learning process. I remember that a person told me a long time ago that "perhaps you are the only person in the island that is practicing authentic ninjutsu form hayes books, you are verry strange, ninjas and samurai are long gone" that was in 1996. I didn't pay attention and just kept looking. Finally i found this guy with the rokushaku bo. I have endure for twelve years. I'm 29 now. So when ever i make a teppan shuriken i take it out side my home shop pointed at the sky and give one prayer to Daisuke nishina, to Zenjubo Sugitani, to moko no tora and another for Hatsumi sensei.

Are you being serious with us or is this all a big joke?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's not all that weird. I actually do the same thing with my Revenge of the Ninja VHS tape and my Storm Shadow action figure. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Huh?:confused: There is actually a country where ninjutsu is outlawed?

According to Ashida Kim there is (are) ;)

Shuriken are outlawed in some places (such as Mass.) They may be illegal in P.R. as well.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Is it an old skool one or that Sigma Six guy?
Oh ya....old skool all the way...... I'm sorry to have to say it but Storm Shadow kicks the crap out of the Revenge of the Ninja VHS tape every time. Sorry Sho.... Taijutsu happens......

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's not old school. THIS is old school!

wildstyle1.jpg

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Is it an old skool one or that Sigma Six guy?

I thought you weren't old enough to remember the original Storm Shadow figure.....

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
I thought you weren't old enough to remember the original Storm Shadow figure.....

What? Your kidding right?

Dude... I was a kid when those came out, and I was buying GiJoe comic books after school since issue#2...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
LOL!!! Actually, I don't have much room to laugh. I remember watching that movie many times when it first came out on cable. You gotta love the whole "I can catch arrows and, therefore, I am Ninja.....even if my Master teaches Kung Fu.". :D And, seriously, who DOESN'T enjoy watching Sho Nuff and Leroy engaged in a mystical energy battle? Good times.....

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
Are you being serious with us or is this all a big joke?

Yeah I'm serious. It's true. Kinda crazy. Ha. Nin-po-ik-kan = The law of ninpo is my primary inspiration. No i'm not joking. I was that dedicated. Still am. Sho ko Sugi :ninja: Enter Franco Nero and the legend of the great white ninja in plain day light. But do not decapitate your instructors and watch out for some training partners...Just don't go to beverly hills...Never saw any snow in those movies.

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Fu_Bag said:
That's not all that weird. I actually do the same thing with my Revenge of the Ninja VHS tape and my Storm Shadow action figure. :)

ja,ja,ja,ja,ja,that was great...:uhyeah:

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Carol Kaur said:
According to Ashida Kim there is (are) ;)

Shuriken are outlawed in some places (such as Mass.) They may be illegal in P.R. as well.
Yes shurikens and other tools(claws, caltrops) are illegal here.

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I mean ha,ha,ha,ha that was great.(ja is spanish for ha,ha,ha when you laugh, sorry about that). I have learned in the FAQ that no matter who it may be (SKH,Ashida kim,Ron Duncan, Bussey, Manaka, Tanemura, Haha lung, Yamashiro) teaching any form of ninpo; i can learn from all ,and their experiences. I have understood to-shin-do more than ever. And i think its one of the best martial arts out there dough i preffer traditional bujinkan ninpo taijutsu. Bowing to things and offering some form of prayer perhaps comical to the western mind it was a normal thing in old japan. Perhaps someone out there offers some prayers to swords, guns, what ever... Come people help me on this... I have heard that some people give names to weapons. (matilda=a katana name) Is it true? Ah! Why does hatsumi sensei give names to his go-dan students? Is it a ninja tradition? A japanese tradition? Sorry for the inconveniences. Can not find this at the FAQ. I also posted another group of questions in the ninjutsu forum. Ah! Yes, We begginers like to ask so much questions at once... I hope this time i made it better if not please excuse my lack of knowledge. Thank and Domo-Arigato.

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Teppan said:
have learned in the FAQ that no matter who it may be (SKH,Ashida kim,Ron Duncan, Bussey, Manaka, Tanemura, Haha lung, Yamashiro) teaching any form of ninpo; i can learn from all ,and their experiences.

"Anything is possible. But just try it for a week."
- Vampire Lestat

Seriously though, all but two of those people you mentioned have quite questionable backgrounds and agendas. Those two are Manaka and Tanemura. You might want to look through this forum a bit more before you run off and start training with anyone.

Teppan said:
I have heard that some people give names to weapons. (matilda=a katana name) Is it true?

At least it's true in the case of me and my bo staff. That name comes from something I saw on New Years Eve several years ago - there was this severely drunk, crying Neo-Nazi screaming at the police from atop a hotel balcony that he'd lost his friend by that name in the crowd. The whole event was so hilarious to me that I gave the name of his friend to my bo staff later on.

Teppan said:
Why does hatsumi sensei give names to his go-dan students? Is it a ninja tradition? A japanese tradition?

He feels like it.

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll check them out.Thanks again for the answers and the advice. Thanks :supcool:

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Teppan,

Thank you, thank you... :) I try. Being a smartass keeps me sane (or not) and helps to lighten the mood sometimes. :D Nothing wrong with offering prayers and being respectful of things you depend on to preserve life. This also shows that you respect life enough to pray for peace and to only utilize a "weapon" for an honest, sincere, and dire need. As for your "naming" question, I believe that Musashi's rival, Sasaki, named his sword "Clothes Rod".

I name all of my weapons "That which I can't use worth a crap even if my life depended on it". It keeps me honest. :)

Take care,

Fu Bag

OP
T

Teppan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I believe that Musashi's rival, Sasaki, named his sword "Clothes Rod" - Fu_Bag

Wow! Very interesting! Yes i respect life very much. Thank you. I got an interesting Question. Any body feel free to answer it. As i was looking on this Kung-fu magazine there was a monkey train to performe a jumping kick. I know that dogs were used in W.W.II to kill and also police uses them. Takamatsu O'sensei had many dogs. My question is: Can a dog be train with a tanto to kill a man? Did the ninken(shinobi dog) was a real dog train in ninpo? Did ninjutsu practitioners in ancient japan had dogs in their homes to protect them while they were not home? Just curious. And no splinter training turtles please. I guess when i get more instructed i"ll ask questions about mushadori, onikudaki, randori an so on...Excuse my lack of training and knowledge. Thanks.

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Teppan,

Those are some unusual questions! I don't think you'd have to be a Ninja to have a home guard dog. Personally, I don't think that a dog would need a tanto to kill a man. Just train it to go for the nuts and the person will wish they were dead! Seriously though, dogs that are trained to use their natural weapons are more than deadly enough if they can get within range and are determined to kill.

While martial arts magazines may have eye-catching articles, they probably aren't offering the same type of Ninjutsu information that you could find online. You may even be able to find articles written in Spanish if you are diligent in your search. I would think that a good place to look for information would be to look up dojo websites that will likely be in Spanish. You should be able to find a dojo directory link in the FAQ on this section of the forum.

Good luck!

Fu Bag :)

Latest Discussions