A ne TKD format

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tonight I sa a new TKD format, it's name is LIGA MEXICANA DE TAEKWONDO (MEXICAN TAEKWONDO LEAGE), basically there are two teams (boys,teens and adult teams) the red and the blue,each one represents a state of my country in this case Puebla and Mexico City.

In each category (boys,teens and adults) there are 5 competitors of diferent weight division, first is the fin vs fin, then batam vs batam and so on the points are acumulative, then it's a relay competition where any competitor (no matter weight division) can angage anyone. The winner is the team that get more points.

What I like is a non stop competition, the fight is continue and every competitor tries to score many points as it's possible, as you may know the head kicks scores the higest so a lot of kicks to the head were performed.

The competition is fierce and no punching to the head/face is allowed- I must admit is more interesting this format than the olimpic one and the winners get some money, if I recall U$D5000 per team.

Grand Master Dai Won Moon (aka David Moon in USA) it's the brains in this tournament format, the spoonsors were samsung, mooto and korea sport.

My sambonim was a part of the competition, their sons Cesar as the trainer/coach of Mexico City teams and Boris was the fierest fighter of the Mexico City adult team. Antonio Tapia a fellow student of mine was a competitor for the boys Mexico City team.

Manny

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
ITF has a Team events. Each country has a team and they compete in group pattern, breaking, and sparring.

For team sparring their is a coin toss and the winner chooses to send a competitor to the ring or have the other team send a competitor, The responding team then matches whichever competitor to the one sent to the ring. Winning team of each match makes the choice again. So there is a strategy. Send your best to meet their best, or sacrifice the wekest to win more matches. First team to win 3 matches wins.

Latest Discussions