Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks very much like a sacrafice leg sweep/hip throw to me. The ground is not a place I'm very comfy but there are times when it can come in handy.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks very much like a sacrafice leg sweep/hip throw to me. The ground is not a place I'm very comfy but there are times when it can come in handy.

I was confused myself which is why I asked as the hip was not close enough to make it a hip throw. Then I tried to see the leg lock/sweep, but both did not do it the same way, which led to my question.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The throw comes from the off balance and the leg/knee is there to insure that they cannot regain their balance. Your bodies downward momentum also aids in the throw. Hope that helps.

We did a variation of this one at the Hombu during one of Hatsumi Senseis classes. It is a very good throw.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The throw comes from the off balance and the leg/knee is there to insure that they cannot regain their balance. Your bodies downward momentum also aids in the throw. Hope that helps.

We did a variation of this one at the Hombu during one of Hatsumi Senseis classes. It is a very good throw.

Thanks for explaining Brian

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, the idea is to actually project uke a little distance from you with the throw rather than drop him right at your feet? That could come in handy if you have a stationary object to toss him into. :uhyeah:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

When I say the contact with the leg/knee I see the obvious of not gaining their balance back. When the second guy did it, I did not see as much contact and the throw did not look as clean. Hence my questions.

Thank you for the clarifications.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice throws.

I liked the way the throws where shown in slow motion. It lets the viewer see the body to body relationship and the balance or unbalancing of the uke

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback people ! :)

Thanks for sharing!
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions