5th dan test

H

Hanzo04

what does it really mean when you pass this test besides a teaching license?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One big thing at least "traditionally" An indiviidual is only supposed to promote to to grades below him

Shodan can promote to 2nd brown
2nd Black can promote to 1st brown
3rd balck can promote to 1 black

3rd black would be the point that you couls promote up to black without having your teacher there
So 5th black allows you to promote students that could promote to black belt allowing the 5th degree a little more independence, traditionally that is

Todd

althaur

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It means you didn't get smacked in the noggin, which BTW looks like it hurts. :)

r.severe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
for the past 7 years.... In my dojo system I use the sakki testing for all grades after 6th..
All students take this test from that point..

I'm not sure whay Hatsumi sensei waits till godan to allow others to do this test with him...

ralph severe, kamiyama

OP
A

AnimEdge

One of my instructors is 5th i could uh ask her when see her if you want :p

OP
A

AnimEdge

wouldnt know all i know is that she is 5th black in American-Ninjutsu

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
sakki test?
"Sakki Test" is the formal term for "5th dan/Godan" test in the Bujinkan.

"Sakki" means "Killer Intent" or "Intent to Murder" in Japanese. The purpose of the test is NOT to see if the person being tested HAS "sakki".

The significance of the Sakki Test in the Bujinkan is probably different for each person that takes it, but I'd say the root of it is between the person giving and the person recieving.

OP
K

kenanderson

This may not mean much not having taken the test, but from what I've been told you become a 5th dan after the test, and have the option to become a member of the instructor's guild. If you haven't become a member of the instructor's guild you are not allowed to teach or pass on grading. Is that right Mr. Roley and Kizaru?

- Ken Anderson

OP
A

AnimEdge

Ill ask her on wensday if you woudl like :p

OP
K

kenanderson

Animeedge-

I think the 5th dan test that being discussed is the Bujinkan's 5th dan test. Although I think it would be interesting to read what 5th dan test Mr. Bussey's organization conducts.

- Ken Anderson

OP
A

AnimEdge

He never said what kind he just generaly asked :p

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
AnimEdge said:

Well, considering the question was asked on traditional ninjutsu forum, that should give you somekind of an idea... Or are you saying that American Ninjutsu is traditional style ? :rolleyes:

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
AnimEdge said:

Well, considering the question was asked on traditional ninjutsu forum, that should give you somekind of an idea... Or are you saying that American Ninjutsu is traditional style ? :rolleyes:

OP
A

AnimEdge

Oh yea it is in the traditional ninjutsu section :p i never look :p

OP
A

AaronLucia

From what i thought, you can be an official teacher after 5th dan. All previous dans are assistant instructors, or so i believe. :p

OP
K

kenanderson

Kizaru,

I came to this conclusion after reading your well thought out and articulate postings.

- Ken Anderson

Latest Discussions