49 Reasons to Skip Karate Practice Today

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
#50. Your Gi didn't pass the sniff test so you have to laundry.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, but if one was prepared one would have already done laundry.

Shotokan Seishin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
- I stubbed my toe on the way out the door to come to class (actually heard from a sensei).
- Gotta take the kids to X, Y, Z.
- I pulled X, Y, Z muscle.
- etc etc etc......

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
- I stubbed my toe on the way out the door to come to class (actually heard from a sensei).
I broke a toe practicing an axe kick and accidentally hitting my desk. Still went to TKD class, still did a backflip and practiced trick kicks.

- Gotta take the kids to X, Y, Z.

Got a family in my school that is doing this: gotta take the kid to football. Which could be another (if it's not on the list already) from the kid's perspective: doing a different sport in school. At my TKD dojang we have a kid who's doing football and a girl who's doing basketball. Not to mention I originally quit way back when to do wrestling.

Shotokan Seishin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I broke a toe practicing an axe kick and accidentally hitting my desk. Still went to TKD class, still did a backflip and practiced trick kicks.

Thankfully you're made of tougher stuff than that particular instructor. :)

I really have no issue with missing classes.....but when I start hearing excuses like "stubbing ones toe"....makes me want to hurl. Just say it like it is.....you didn't want to teach/go to class/losing interest/too tired etc etc. At least that's more honest.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually it was the top of the toe that hurt. I couldn't kick bags (and still kick about 50% force).

OP
R

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
I broke a toe practicing an axe kick and accidentally hitting my desk.

I dislocated my second toe on my right foot at someones black belt grading, had to jog a few minutes later. Didn't miss a class, the only thing I did was not kick the kicking shield with a right front kick for a few weeks. Two years later my toe still has a bit of extra movement in it.

Latest Discussions