2 Hours With Mr. Parker

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could have 2 hrs. alone with Mr. Parker, what would you ask him? What material would you focus on with him?

There is really no right or wrong answer here. Just thought this would be a fun thread to hear what everyone would work on! :)

Mike

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you could have 2 hrs. alone with Mr. Parker, what would you ask him? What material would you focus on with him?

There is really no right or wrong answer here. Just thought this would be a fun thread to hear what everyone would work on! :)

Mike

I'd ask him. Can we work on the basics?

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I would ask him what concept(s) would be most important for beginners with limited training time.

Then I would ask him what concept(s) would be most important for advanced practitioners.

Then I would want to see how he would best go about getting real world application for them.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's a great idea

I would ask him to explain this:

No there is not a knee in Crossing Talon.... Now the reason you do not implement the knee is because you do a right knee at the end of Locked Wing, then you do a left knee (Category Completion) at the end of Crossed Twigs. You only kick once (meaning one side not number of kicks) on Scraping Hoofs because Short Three is a a Symmetrical Form (Strong side down first). Now in terms of proper angle of execution of a basic...you would not cross
over your center line to execute the knee from that position in the Form. If in the Form the target most recognized (the attackers head ) was moved down the Circle 45 degrees then you would have proper angle of alignment to the target for the knee. The Forms are Symmetrical to themselves for proper alignment so the Form can carry the theme in Symmetrical alignment to itself. So to make up for the knee that needs to be executed at the proper angle of alignment, it comes later in another technique that does allow for that basic to be defined. Definition of a basic makes most sense when it is aligned
to fulfill its maximum range of motion and effectiveness.

on second thought, I would probably just ask him to take me to his favorite restaurant.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i would ask him what he was looking for when he developed his art. I would ask him to teach me the sequence of destruction and i would love to move for him and ask him where i need to focus on to improve the most. Lastly, as silly as it seems i would like to feel him hit me.

Respectfully,
Marlon

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would pick his brain more than work specific techniques. Talk about the design of the system and his philosophies. I would also want to talk and have some laughs.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would pick his brain more than work specific techniques. Talk about the design of the system and his philosophies. I would also want to talk and have some laughs.

The question he would ask you is, "Which system?"

Latest Discussions