17 year old saves family by fighting back

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first few paragraphs of the article:

CEDAR CITY - Police in southern Utah are calling a 17-year-old boy a hero after he fatally stabbed an armed intruder who broke into his family's home early Wednesday.
Iron County Sheriff Mark Gower described the boy as a level-headed kid "who, in my opinion, saved his family's lives."
It all began when a 19-year-old Las Vegas man, who was recently fired from a construction company owned by the family, broke into their home at 2650 N. 2200 West, near Cedar City, and held the boy and his parents at gunpoint, Gower said.

The link for the entire article:

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4229146

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. Kudos to the brave young man who singlehandedly saved his family from harm. :asian: It is a shame that the intruder died, but it may have well been the boy's parents who would have died instead if he didn't act.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go!!! Love hearing stories like that.

Jeff

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was a great post! Thanks!

If we were to reverse the roles of the stepfather and the intruder so that it was a street confrontation, this is a perfect example of why to never get tied up in a confrontation is so important.

The man then entered the master bedroom and bound the boy's parents with duct tape. At one point, the boy's stepfather began wresting with the intruder.
While the stepfather fought with the intruder, the boy was able to free himself. He then pulled a 6-inch hunting knife from beneath his bed, walked into his parents' bedroom and stabbed the intruder five times in the back, Gower said.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good story. Thanks for posting.

Though it is odd that he did not notice an intruder pulling an AC unit out of the window and then climbing through the window. Everytime I try to install the AC units I almost pull my back out or drop it out the window. Must be a heavy sleeper.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its always good to hear that dangerous situations like this, turn out good in the long run for the innocent people. This person was not invited into their home, was threatening with deadly force, and IMO, got what he deserved. Its very possible that he would've killed everyone in that house that night.

Mike

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Cirdan said:
Well done. I just hope he comes to terms with what he had to do.
Good point I still have regrets of what I had to do in a couple situations and I never stabbed anyone.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow... That's some guts. I hope he doesn't get panned from the law for this...No wait, this isn't in the UK is it. :rolleyes:

As he had no idea of the intruders real intentions, it must have been even scarier. I actually had a nightmare about that last night. Not being able to protect my family (all women) from an intruder. It was one of those slow-mo dreams of not being able to reach them. Woke me up. Top banana to this young lad!

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Wow... That's some guts. I hope he doesn't get panned from the law for this...No wait, this isn't in the UK is it. :rolleyes:

As he had no idea of the intruders real intentions, it must have been even scarier. I actually had a nightmare about that last night. Not being able to protect my family (all women) from an intruder. It was one of those slow-mo dreams of not being able to reach them. Woke me up. Top banana to this young lad!
Here in California the intruder's parents would probably sue. I'm glad he and his family are okay.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Crane557 said:
Here in California the intruder's parents would probably sue. I'm glad he and his family are okay.

Yeah, that'd happen in the UK too. I'm just glad that the cops stuck up for him. Good to see.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crane557 said:

You're right. Families sue if their kid gets shot by the police. Its amazing how the family of the criminal can be so blind to the fact that their child had no right doing what they did. If they are so concerned about the welfare of their child, perhaps they should've been a bit more active in his life.

Mike

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, When a person enters a home with a gun after being fired, has only one thing on his mind (killing)).

It takes a lot of courage to fight back...even more to stab someone with a knife too!

He save his family that day.....Aloha

Latest Discussions