16 oz competition GI?

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I said it before: the best bang for the buck for medium weight gis is a Mugen Orange Label ($70 each, brand new). You can even get your name embroidered in katakana on the jacket lapel and pants, much like your instructors have on their Shureidos. And best of all... with the money you've dropped on gis so far, you could have bought two of these brand new and called it a day.
In retrospect I agree with this. However, I grew up poor than I knew. My mom was always looking for bargins garage sales, clearence sales, etc. I picked up the habit of looking for ways of buying stuff cheap. After kids arrived we had lots of hand me downs garage sales etc. Never pay full price-I coulodn't afford it. But as I retired my disposable income actually went up! Who knew. Now that I am older and can afford to buy what I want new, it's hard to break old habits. Looking forward I looked for deals....now looking back it would actually been cheapeer to just buy the two Mugens as suggested. I would have new, but not the surplus to give to others. to quick old, to late smart. Thanks. I'm enjoying this. LOL.

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
So, I ended up with the Sun and two other light weight student GI's to rotate for training. I also have a few heavier weight GI's to use later, or perhaps give away.

I started this thread help me decide the future of the 16 oz competition GI top. So one issue is will it soften up some with use and washing? Thread kind of go off and a tangent. I probebly have ADD and I am easily distracted. Been that way my whole life. My wife won't visit Museum with me as I want to read every little sign. See, distracted again. LOL.

So will it soften up some with use and washing?

Latest Discussions