#1 Song the day you were born

Mine is "I'm a Believer" by the Monkees.
I was listening to that just the other day... along with Another Pleasant Valley Sunday, Daydream Believer, Valerie and of course their Theme Song... :D

they really were a great band... did ya know that Jimi Hendrix once opened for them? :D

I was listening to that just the other day... along with Another Pleasant Valley Sunday, Daydream Believer, Valerie and of course their Theme Song... :D

they really were a great band... did ya know that Jimi Hendrix once opened for them? :D

Now that's something I never knew. The only real factoid I know about the Monkees is that Charles Manson auditioned for the position of drummer when the band was being formed.

I do like their music and, yes, they could actually sing!

"Best of My Love" by The Emotions

Now that's something I never knew. The only real factoid I know about the Monkees is that Charles Manson auditioned for the position of drummer when the band was being formed.

I do like their music and, yes, they could actually sing!
That they could indeed. The television producers wishing to find America's Beatles happened to find the right combo with Dolenz, Nesmith, Jones & Tork. However as odd as it seems that wild and crazy Mickey Dolenz was the brains and primary song-writer/singer for the group, with Jones doing a few songs now and again (because he was the cute one...) even more odd that Jones, being British dispite the producers wishes to make it an all American band.

"(You're My) Soul and Inspiration" by The Righteous Brothers

I've seen something similar to this on another site... Mine is: 1976 ... "Convoy" by C.W. McCall

That they could indeed. The television producers wishing to find America's Beatles happened to find the right combo with Dolenz, Nesmith, Jones & Tork. However as odd as it seems that wild and crazy Mickey Dolenz was the brains and primary song-writer/singer for the group, with Jones doing a few songs now and again (because he was the cute one...) even more odd that Jones, being British dispite the producers wishes to make it an all American band.
Mickey Dolenz was a very underated singer/songwriter in my opinion.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens

I know Steven Stills tried out for and missed the slot that Mike Nesmith eventually got. Didn't Boyce and Hart write almost all of the Monkey's songs?

Latest Discussions

Back