3rd Brown = 3 stripes
2nd Brown = 2 stripes
1st Brown = 1 stripe

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Adults typical EPAK:
Brown w/ 1 black stripe (3rd Class brown)
Brown w/ 2 black stipes (2nd Class brown)
Brown w/ 3 black stripes (1st Class brown)
up to 10th Black

Whoops

let me change what I said as I was having a blonde day.

The same except for brown w/1black stripe (1st brown) w/2black stripe (2nd brown) w/3 black stripe (3rd brown).

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Storm said:
Whoops

let me change what I said as I was having a blonde day.

The same except for brown w/1black stripe (1st brown) w/2black stripe (2nd brown) w/3 black stripe (3rd brown).
So it's the same as ours, not Michael's. KT

S

Scout_379

Renshikan karate:
Kyu levels - children below 15 get 3 stripes per kyu belt
white - 6'th kyu
yellow
orange
green
blue
brown - first kyu

black belt
shodan first dan
nidan second dan
and so on...
but our founder is 7'th dan, so untill he moves up, we are limited to 7'th

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whew! I thought for a moment my school was in the twilight zone.:erg:

Seriously, Storm, I'm glad to see that there are other schools which parallel mine. There are so many diverse riffs on kenpo - as MSGM Parker wanted there to be. I was told that he purposely taught different things to different students, who then went out on their own. That way he always knew immediately whose student he was watching even if he wasn't told. [Don't know if that's entirely true, but I'm sure someone will be able to either validate or negate.]

Out of curiousity, how many techs do you have to know? We need 170 for bb.

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
Whew! I thought for a moment my school was in the twilight zone.:erg:

Seriously, Storm, I'm glad to see that there are other schools which parallel mine. There are so many diverse riffs on kenpo - as MSGM Parker wanted there to be. I was told that he purposely taught different things to different students, who then went out on their own. That way he always knew immediately whose student he was watching even if he wasn't told. [Don't know if that's entirely true, but I'm sure someone will be able to either validate or negate.]

Out of curiousity, how many techs do you have to know? We need 170 for bb.

I didnt read what I was repling to properly thats why I made the error in the first place.

We do 10 techs for yellow then 24 for each belt after that. Brown 3 is 24 Orange extensions and 1st Black is 24 purple extensions. So by rights you should know all. That makes 154 different techniques and 48 extensions. But you are not tested on every move on the day. We follow the LTKKA
curriculum but are not affiliated with him.

I would also like to know if thats true about MSGM Parker. I have found out so much about what we do and where it has come from so far by reading through the threads. Its great to know the history etc as well as how to apply it.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Storm said:
I didnt read what I was repling to properly thats why I made the error in the first place.

We do 10 techs for yellow then 24 for each belt after that. Brown 3 is 24 Orange extensions and 1st Black is 24 purple extensions. So by rights you should know all. That makes 154 different techniques and 48 extensions. But you are not tested on every move on the day. We follow the LTKKA
curriculum but are not affiliated with him.

I would also like to know if thats true about MSGM Parker. I have found out so much about what we do and where it has come from so far by reading through the threads. Its great to know the history etc as well as how to apply it.
Storm,

If I read your reply correctly, your curriculum is through Larry Tatum's line. We're Tracy through Green belt (the original techs, I'm told) and then Brown iii begins techs w/extensions in a sequence that is my instructor's. We do 10 yellow, then 20 each subsequent belt through black, 170 total. KT

R

rainbows

University College Dublin Tae Kwon-Do Club
IUTF, ITF-Canada affiliated.
white
yellow tag
yellow
green tag
green
blue tag
blue
red tag
red
black tag
black 1 dan, black 2 dan etc.
Minimum time to black belt is 2 years 9 months in my club, but the average is 4 years. We're a college club.

S

sifu nick

white, gold, orange, purple, green, green/blue, blue, blue/brown, brown, red, red/black, black 1st dan and up