"You forgot Poland!"

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Remember Bush's comeback to Kerry in the debates when he said it was the US and England going it alone in Iraq? Bush said "You forgot Poland,"
Well now Poland has a new government and they are getting Polish troops out of Iraq.

OP
K

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wait a minute here, two problems. First I was talking about Bush, and yes his reaction to Kerry was comical. 2nd I dont think its an operation of a democracy.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Karatedrifter, why do you hate America?

France!

George Soros!

Kerry!

Hillary!

The Troops!

Socialized Medicine!

9-11! 9-11! 9-11!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait a minute here, two problems. First I was talking about Bush, and yes his reaction to Kerry was comical. 2nd I dont think its an operation of a democracy.
Bush pointing out, correctly, that Kerry, left out Poland, when Poland and some 30 odd other countries were involved, yes, I remember that. Your point, is still somewhat obscure, other than you'd hoped to bash the president and I see Tellner is helping in that.Poland's democratically elected government choosing how it's military will be deployed is not an operation of democracy, how? The left's charge has always been that the US acted unilaterally. Acting in concert with 34 other countries, Poland included, is not unilateral.

OP
K

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sir, I dont even have to answer that.
9-11 9-11? If Bush was really after Osama, like he said he was back in 2001
He should have not sent the bulk of our troops to Iraq the next year.
Instead Osama is still alive,and recently made a video for all insurgents in Iraq to band together against American forces.

OP
K

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bush pointing out incorrectly, read this. Fox news is your media I guess?

The Multi-National Force - Iraq (MNF-I), is a military command, led by the United States, that is fighting the Iraq War against the multitude of Iraqi insurgents. Multi-National Force - Iraq replaced the previous force, Combined Joint Task Force 7, on May 15, 2004. The media normally use the term U.S.-led coalition to describe this force, since nearly 92% of the troops are from the United States. However, the majority of nations that did deploy troops either confined their men to their bases due to widespread violence, or issued specific orders to avoid hostile engagement (especially true of the Plus Ultra Brigade under Polish command).[1] Thus, the term 'US-led coalition', when used in the context of combat operations, can be considered inaccurate, as the United Kingdom and Australia are the only nations engaged in occasional raids.

In November 2002, U.S. President George W. Bush

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A committee can do many things, one thing a committee cannot do, is lead, so, yes, the US leads.From the MNF-I website:
The following nations are partners in the Coalition:
* Albania
* Armenia
* Australia
* Azerbaijan
* Bosnia and Herzegovina
* Bulgaria
* Czech Republic
* Denmark
* El Salvador
* Estonia
* Georgia
* Japan
* Kazakhstan
* South Korea
* Latvia
* Lithuania
* Macedonia
* Moldova
* Mongolia
* Poland
* Romania
* Singapore
* Slovakia
* Ukraine
* United Kingdom
http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=49&Itemid=129
that's 25 other countries, even dropping Poland, would make it 24, and that isn't now, nor has it ever been, unilateral.

OP
K

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I guess you didint read what I copied and posted? 92% American! Other than that British, Australian, Poland. The other countries that you speak of only sent people on a peace making basis, to stay out of action. Thats what that says. Now forgive me, I will not even read or respond to any more posts on here. Because originally I wasnt looking for an arqument. Truthfully, I wanted to hear from other people who realize the sad reality of being sold a lemon.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because sending people to help isn't really helping.
You'd better hope your fire and police departments don't feel that way when you need them.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This doesn't sound like "I wanted to hear from other people who realize the sad reality of being sold a lemon."

Remember Bush's comeback to Kerry in the debates when he said it was the US and England going it alone in Iraq? Bush said "You forgot Poland,"
Well now Poland has a new government and they are getting Polish troops out of Iraq.

It sounds like we're supposed to find funny that after a number of years another nation has changed an old commitment. That does happen; it's standard procedure for all elected governments including our own. It just isn't that funny. You could have posted this in another forum (you still can) to discuss the political merits, and gotten political comments back. But, you posted this in the Comedy forum, and "government does what governments do" isn't exactly "man bites dog".

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because sending people to help isn't really helping.
You'd better hope your fire and police departments don't feel that way when you need them.

In fairness to his point, you might feel that way if the police sent to help you refused to engage with any dangerous criminals around, or if the firefighters sent to put out your house fire refused to put out any fire that would put them in the slightest danger.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In fairness to his point, you might feel that way if the police sent to help you refused to engage with any dangerous criminals around, or if the firefighters sent to put out your house fire refused to put out any fire that would put them in the slightest danger.
You need to learn a little bit about how the militaries actually work. The majority of service members are not in direct combat roles. There are cooks, supply clerks, draftsman, translators, analysts, typists, personnel clerks, etc. It simply isn't the job of every soldier to take a hill or lead an assault. Not acknowledging the service of the service men and women whose work allows the combat arms (Infantry/Artillery/Armor) to work is not just insulting, it shows just how much you don't know WTF you are talking about.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You need to learn a little bit about how the militaries actually work. The majority of service members are not in direct combat roles. There are cooks, supply clerks, draftsman, translators, analysts, typists, personnel clerks, etc. It simply isn't the job of every soldier to take a hill or lead an assault. Not acknowledging the service of the service men and women whose work allows the combat arms (Infantry/Artillery/Armor) to work is not just insulting, it shows just how much you don't know WTF you are talking about.

This is especially true today.

We have outsourced the cooks, translators, typists (do they still exist?, really?) to Halliburton and KBR.
We have outsourced the translators to locals (apparently, any American that speaks Arabic can't pass security clearances), who we then abandon to the local retribution.
We have outsource the actual fighting to Blackwater, Tactical Response Services, and Critical Intervention Services.

One wonders what is left for the actual military to do.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score

You need to be a little less insulting without cause. I am quite aware of the structure of the modern army, including the fact that many former REMF positions like truck driver are now essentially frontline positions due to the nature of the insurgency.

Nonetheless, unless you can show that the foreign troops are supporting the Americans in such a way, your point is meaningless. For instance, the Japanese troops holed themselves up in their "Fortress of Solitude" and had no real role in supporting the Americans to my knowledge.

If they won't drive a truck or cook a meal, and they won't engage in combat, I don't see how useful they could be. In any case, that is still far away from my comment, which was addressing the point of your interlocutor honestly, whether he was right or wrong.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You need to be a little less insulting without cause. I am quite aware of the structure of the modern army, including the fact that many former REMF positions like truck driver are now essentially frontline positions due to the nature of the insurgency.
Your idiotic comments show that you do not grasp how the modern military works and your referring to those who support the combat arms as REMF's is disrespectful of their service.
Nonetheless, unless you can show that the foreign troops are supporting the Americans in such a way, your point is meaningless. For instance, the Japanese troops holed themselves up in their "Fortress of Solitude" and had no real role in supporting the Americans to my knowledge.
To your knowledge? :uhyeah: I don't know what the Japanese troops were doing, perhaps they were involved in SIGINT or COMINT or some other type of intelligence analysis, none of which would require them to move so much as an inch outside their gates.
If they won't drive a truck or cook a meal, and they won't engage in combat, I don't see how useful they could be. In any case, that is still far away from my comment, which was addressing the point of your interlocutor honestly, whether he was right or wrong.

Latest Discussions