Yahoo: Raw v. UFN 20: White doesn't want to fight McMahon

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
01-05-2010 09:00 AM:

You want some? Come get it! That's usually Dana White's motto. But this Monday night when the UFC presents Ultimate Fight Night 20 on Spike, White said there is zero intent on a war with Vince McMahon's RAW. The wrestling world is buzzing about the return of Bret Hart and Mike Tyson serving as next Monday's guest host. When told of McMahon's efforts to bring in the big guns, White laughed calling him an animal.

"You've never heard me say we're going to kick the [expletive] out of them. Vince is going down! Wrestling is completely different than mixed martial arts," said White (1:50 mark).

White pointed out that the fanbases are very different but he does admit Brock Lesnar brought over a ton of crossover fans. He also said they don't expect to beat RAW in the ratings.

McMahon's son Shane has left WWE and there have been rumors of him getting involved in mixed martial arts. He actually pushed for his father to buy the UFC before Zuffa did in 2001:

"I love you Vince but, I bet you wish you did," laughed White. "I'm glad you didn't."

Hart returned last night after a 12 year absence. Shockingly after burying the hatchet between the two, McMahon turned up the heat again by kicking Hart in the junk. Hart and McMahon had a falling out in 1997 over something called the "Montreal Screwjob."

This was great real-life drama. McMahon called for an early bell giving Hart's WWE belt to Shawn Michaels, who sat in the ring saying, "god [expletive] and what the [expletive]!"

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions