World's Largest Martial Arts School!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The current (Nov./Dec. 2003) issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi has an article on the Taguo Martial Arts Academy of China. It claims it's the world's largest martial arts school, with 13,000 students and 800+ teachers, coaches, and staff, and says it's as large as a village.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
The current (Nov./Dec. 2003) issue of Kung Fu Tai Chi has an article on the Taguo Martial Arts Academy of China. It claims it's the world's largest martial arts school, with 13,000 students and 800+ teachers, coaches, and staff, and says it's as large as a village.

Now thats where a place you can really train!!

I've never heard of it, but if its legit, that would be awesome!!

7sm

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That would be kind of cool. More teachers there than most schools have students. More students there than at some colleges.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They must offer a lot of different class times- if they do, that would be good- you could fit a workout into just about any schedule you have. I wonder about being lost in the crowd too though- how much individualized attention is there or are you just a number.........

:asian: :karate:

C

Crouching Tiger

I just finished reading an article on that school in Kung Fu Magazine yesterday. It showed some photos of the school layout. It's truly is huge! There must have been 1000 students on an outdoor practice area working out. The buildings looked just like a university does here in the US. Incredible!

:asian:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But the possibility of at any moment just going outside and finding anyone who wants to play chi sau or do drills would be awesome.

7sm

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It be kind of cool. I think i'd perfer a bit more of a personal aproach though.
I wonder how many styles they teach there though. Surely not just one or two.