Word to the wise

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any time you do a heavy inner thigh workout, and you get suckered into a sparring match the next day, DO NOT do a spinning reverse crescent kick to the head. Actually, I'll go out on a limb and say no high kicks at all!

You don't feel the pain until the adrenaline wears off and you realize you probably pulled your groin.

When that happens, EVERYTHING hurts (Walking, sitting, stretching, etc...)
:iws:

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Everything I tell my students, right?

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thursday I was at the gym doing back kicks and side kicks. I was doing them as fast as I can do a jab (and I ain't a slow with a good jab.) I was so jacked up firing those kicks, happy as a clam, I didn't realize my old 'war injury', slight damaged tailbone, was taking a pounding.

Two hours later I was walking like an old man.... finaly stopped hurting after a light workout today. But it will be back if I keep up this foolishness (and I will keep it up!)

Deaf

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Ouch! Sound like you learned the lesson the hard way....:shock:

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, like a friend of mine told me, you're never too old to learn a lesson in humility.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Everything I tell my students, right?

Just like at a tournament, I told a student, throw combinations, double kicks, and all he threw was bk leg arc kick. I cant help but know where he got it :banghead:

I constantly forget they are watching me. :ultracool

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It is always helpful to know your body's limitations otherwise you coudl get inured and potentially get knocked out of training for awhile. That alone is a detriment in my eyes.

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
look there is no one here with the name Clark Kent, right?? then why do things that will mess you up??, maybe it's the age, (and i mean no disrespect here) because i see alot of young guys do this crap, and later,,well you know what happen,look do what the eagles said "TAKE IT EASY":)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any time you do a heavy inner thigh workout, and you get suckered into a sparring match the next day, DO NOT do a spinning reverse crescent kick to the head. Actually, I'll go out on a limb and say no high kicks at all!

You don't feel the pain until the adrenaline wears off and you realize you probably pulled your groin.

When that happens, EVERYTHING hurts (Walking, sitting, stretching, etc...)
:iws:

Hell, it's been over twenty years since I've thrown any high kicks, but the same applies to the rest of your body as well. Don't expect to be loose and snappy with your arms the day after lifting really hard either. Last night I ineptly and painfully "groaned" my way through a two hour chi-sau workout the day after a hard upper body workout stressing bench, curls and triceps. Never again!

Latest Discussions