Why would you do that?!

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
One story I heard during my instructors' course was that of a prominent Israeli Judo practitioner (olympic level possibly) was once introduced to the style of Krav Maga. He was very excited about it to say the least. Especially the gun defenses. So he goes and demonstrate these techniques to his students. With a real gun. Which was loaded.
He's still alive, but man, what an idiot.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
is there an article somewhere about this?
proof?

OP
Loki

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Samantha said:
is there an article somewhere about this?
proof?
I doubt it, but I heard it from a very reliable source who was there when it happened.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Proof? We don't need no stinkin' proof! JK. Doesn't sound that far out for a lot of people in the world. I always like watching gun defense where the "attacker" sticks his finger into the trigger guard...ouch! Broken finger.

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Loki said:
One story I heard during my instructors' course was that of a prominent Israeli Judo practitioner (olympic level possibly) was once introduced to the style of Krav Maga. He was very excited about it to say the least. Especially the gun defenses. So he goes and demonstrate these techniques to his students. With a real gun. Which was loaded.
He's still alive, but man, what an idiot.
Must have been a blast to watch. I wonder if any of the observers were blown away by his skillful demonstration.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is not a question of why he did it, but will he do it again? He may have thought he was good enough to do it. The true test of his stupidity will be if he tries it again.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw a videp of a cop who was teaching a gun saftey course and shot himself in the foot and then pulled out a ak47 yea everybody took off running

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sign that guy up for a Darwin award! There is just no end to these people!

Pax
Cujo

SAVAGE

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Man...I hope he doesnt hurt himself or anone watching....I dont know much about the mechanics of guns...but if they hit the ground cant they go off sometimes?

dobermann

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SAVAGE said:
Man...I hope he doesnt hurt himself or anone watching....I dont know much about the mechanics of guns...but if they hit the ground cant they go off sometimes?

he did! heck, he shoot his foot with it! ROFLMAO

usually a gun should not go off when dropped. but as you know, murphys law is lurking everywhere! even with LEO's, MA's, anyone out there.. :D there is always something that can go wrong!!