Which Browser Do you Use?

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I use Opera most of the time but it has trouble with some pages. I also use Netscape and Mozilla. Only use IE when I have to. Put it this way I can tell most of the time when a web page is made with front page.

Also some Jave doesn't go well with Opera. So I use Mozilla or Netscape for these pages which usually works. I also use them all because I do a little web design and like to know if it is going to work in the browsers.

So what all do you use?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am a fan of mozilla, to me it has the same kind of feel as netscape but not as intrusive. Much like you BlueDragon I use IE only when I am forced into it.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I mostly use IE in windows, because netscape is the devil. :p

In Linux, I use firebird or Opera, whichver strikes my mood.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like Mozilla and think the tabs are great for people who visit lots of sites everyday and it's a little more secure when visiting unknown sites. However, I mostly use IE, because it suits my needs.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was a diehard Mozilla fan til one day it started acting stupid and I despise IE.. so turned to Opera and have been very pleased with it for the year I've used it, I really like it's options and the ability to zoom a page in no matter if things are embedded it makes it much easier to read with these old eyes, there are some issues at times with Java but for what I use it for.. it works :)

OP
BlueDragon1981

BlueDragon1981

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have don't get spyware when I use Mozilla. At least not near as much as IE.

I like all the options in Opera too, can be comfusing to novices though. I once told someone to switch to Opera but they couldn't because it confused them. lol. I guess that might be one reason IE is so popular.

However Microsoft is not going to concentrate on IE or Outlook Express anymore. That means they are putting all there attention into the MSN browser and the hotmail, msn email. More money for them I quess. Which another reason I stay away from microsoft products.

I use Netscape 7.1. Seems to work fine. I didn't like many of the earlier versions but this one seems okay.

A

Akula

From what I've read, currently Mozilla is Netscape with all the AOL stuff stripped out.

By the way, that's what I usually use both in Windows and Linux. The tabbed browsing in pretty useful, but my favorite reason is that since a much larger percentage of people use IE, a lot of the viruses, worms and whatnot are written to take advantage of weaknesses in IE/Outlook, to reach a larger user group.

I've never had a problem with spyware coming onto any of my systems using the Mozilla browser.

One final note, when I come across a web site the requires IE, I will very reluctantly use it, but shortly thereafter in some cases, I will email the company voicing concern over this requirement.

Latest Discussions