Whats best

Guev

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, Im Ben and im new here. I wanted to get into muay thai for the long term in the ring. I heard its best to train in training camps in thailand, If so how old must you be and where? I have alot of places nearby here in san diego that teach muay thai. Where should i start guys. Is 15 to old to start? and how in shape should i be.

Thanks, Ben

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Ben. I think that 15 years old is an excellent age to start. Makes me wish I found Muay Thai when I was your age. I believe the younger you start in Muay Thai the more benefits you reap from training especially when you want to compete.

When it comes to finding the best school you really have to do some leg work and visit them all. Muay Thai trainers have different training techniques (different specilizations - hands, knees, clinching, etc) and it's best to find the one that suits you. Anyway I wish you good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for in Muay Thai as I did.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
King said:
I think that 15 years old is an excellent age to start.

Same here with my involvement in the MA...All those wasted years of watching TV..

King said:
When it comes to finding the best school you really have to do some leg work and visit them all.in Muay

Good advice..