What happened to all the Judo schools

Ivan86

White Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
It just is not as visually appealing as other arts. And that is to bad, I have always liked Judo for its lack of flash and somewhat direct approach.
That's the problem, Judo isn't flashy and the mainstream just believe the ******** they see in all the hollywood 'kung fu' movies is effective. That's how it works with my friends, they tried Judo and thought it was useless because you don't strike your opponent.

But, they only hung around for like a week so they dont really have a clue what theyre talking about.

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I checked the book and I was confused.

It was prince Wibulya Swasdiwonga Swasdikal (I ain’t makin’ this up folks, that’s his name) of Thailand that studied Kodokan Judo and later taught it.

The mix up comes from another thing I read that talked about a martial art from Indonesia/Malaysia called Kun Tao or Kun Tow that got mixed with Judo amongst other things.

Oh, Kuntao? Kuntao is how Chinese-Indonesians (Chinese immigrants and their descendants who settled in Indonesia) call the self-defense arts of their ancestors. It is roughly equivalent to Quanfa in Mandarin. You are right, here in Indones, many Chinese-Indonesians with previous Kuntao knowledge learned Judo, Jujutsu and Karate, and combined the Wazas from those arts into Kuntao.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
jujutsu_indonesia said:
Oh, Kuntao? Kuntao is how Chinese-Indonesians (Chinese immigrants and their descendants who settled in Indonesia) call the self-defense arts of their ancestors. It is roughly equivalent to Quanfa in Mandarin. You are right, here in Indones, many Chinese-Indonesians with previous Kuntao knowledge learned Judo, Jujutsu and Karate, and combined the Wazas from those arts into Kuntao.

Sorry about the mix up.

jujutsu_indonesia

Black Belt
Reaction score
please do not be sorry. I am so happy anyone are interested in my insignificant country. Thank you very much!

kenpo002

White Belt
Reaction score
is there anyone who knows of a certified judo instructor in the northeast ohio area.... i have only found the local y.m.c.a , but that is only for a short introductory course . i have e-mailed the instructor at this ymca a few times with no responce, if anyone can help. please e-mail me at [email protected]

kenpo002

White Belt
Reaction score
I AM LOOKING FOR JUI-JITSU / JUDO TRAINING IN NORTH EAST OHIO. CAN ANYONE HELP ME...... OR AN ART THAT TEACHES AT LEAST 50% GROUND FIGHTING