what a friday

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
After a long week at school and practicing fu, I was looking forward to my customary clubbing on the southside to see the multitude of bands that play on any given friday. Well, I couldn't find my ID to get into the clubs where the music was playing. So I picked up a big greek salad and headed home..... Through a sobriety checkpoint where I was fined 100 bucks for not having my license.

This is what I get for atttempting to have fun, lol.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
After a long week at school and practicing fu, I was looking forward to my customary clubbing on the southside to see the multitude of bands that play on any given friday. Well, I couldn't find my ID to get into the clubs where the music was playing. So I picked up a big greek salad and headed home..... Through a sobriety checkpoint where I was fined 100 bucks for not having my license.

did u at least have fun spending a 100 dollars?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:

Sounds like a Murphey's Law kinda night...

Everything that can go wrong, will. :)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
Through a sobriety checkpoint where I was fined 100 bucks for not having my license.
Don't they give you a grace period to produce your license? Here, we have 24 hours to produce it at the Police Station. If we don't show, that's a fine. Because here, the charge is driving without a license, not driving without carrying your license. Crappy deal. :tantrum:

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Crappy deal. :tantrum:

Now, Flatlander, come on now... tell us how you really feel...

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Don't they give you a grace period to produce your license? Here, we have 24 hours to produce it at the Police Station. If we don't show, that's a fine. Because here, the charge is driving without a license, not driving without carrying your license. Crappy deal. :tantrum:

The cop told me to plead not guilty and present my license and the magistrate "should just dismiss it". The good news is I found my license. In my car. In a stack of CD's. :disgust:

The bad news is I have to take the time to go in to do this crap.. I have school and I intend to get on the presidents list, and that means 100% attendance. If I have to miss half a day I'll be hopping mad.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Don't they give you a grace period to produce your license?

I thought the same! It must vary by state.

I noticed my license was expired some months back and had to drive around getting paperwork together (I had lost my SS card years ago and never replaced it). I kept thinking, don't let them stop me now...

Hope you have a better time next weekend Shaolinwind!

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I ran into the same thing with registration. I just produced the registration at the courthouse at my time and they dismissed it.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
that's a lesson for you Shaolinwind
you should never eat salad
and you should bribe the dude at the club to let you in... NEVER ditch a club for salad.. cops will get u :D

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
mantis said:
that's a lesson for you Shaolinwind
you should never eat salad
and you should bribe the dude at the club to let you in... NEVER ditch a club for salad.. cops will get u :D

:lool:

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can you plead insanity for a driving offense? Because anyone who would get a salad instead of a beer just can't be right in the head, so maybe they'll let you off.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Can you plead insanity for a driving offense? Because anyone who would get a salad instead of a beer just can't be right in the head, so maybe they'll let you off.
just make sure you drive around with donuts...
they might work, who knows?

Latest Discussions