West Bank groom pines for MySpace teen

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems like there is no crime here, and that the family in the West Bank was legit. Looks like things were going alright (except for not telling her parents). I think her parents should let her marry him, a 16 year old knows well enough what she is doing. If she wants to convert to Islam and stuff then she must really be serious.

Is there any info on what the parents of the girl think? Are they going to let her marry?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Kane said:
... a 16 year old knows well enough what she is doing...
The fact that she didn't tell her parents is proof enough that she DOESN'T know what she's doing, or that if she did, she knew it was wrong. Being "starry eyed" in love doesn't excuse the fact that it was wrong. Period. How many 16 year old kids do you know today that are careful enough to pull this off without incident, yet dumb enough to not inform their parents of a LIFE-CHANGING EVENT like wedding a foreigner in a foreign land?

If it were my daughter, I don't know what I would have done. I'm pretty sure my daughter in that instance would want the FBI showing up though, instead of me. :)

Latest Discussions