Wec 34

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd never seen the WEC before as it isn't easily accessible in Australia but I just saw WEC 34 and it was amazing. Miguel Torres and Urijah Faber are awesome. Given I wasn't familiar with either Torres or Maeda I didn't know what to expect but those little guys can bang( I shouldn't say little, I'm only 160). I always like Jens and to see him still be able to take it to Faber the way he did was phenomenal especially after he had his bell rung in the second round where I thought it was surely over. He was damn swollen and battered at the end but the true class of the athletes MMA attracts shone through with the respect these guys have for each other.

Anyway thats just my 2 cents
Cheers
Sam:asian:

OP
T

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Another quick thought on the WEC. Frank Mir is a far better commentator than Joe Rogan and he doesn't shout all of the time. Joe Rogan does my head in, he's like a modern day well spoken Bobcat Goldthwaite

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I really enjoy the WEC too. Champion fights are free on Vs. all the time.

Some of their fighters are better than ufc fighters. Frank Mir is a top announcer,much better than Rogan.

You can see the fights on WEC.TV too.

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
WEC is great, some really excellent fighters in there. Check the Chase Beebe/Rani Yayha fight. Mir is a great announcer, and if the UFC has any brains, they should get Kenny Florian to take Joe Rogan's spot. Kenny did a great job stepping in a while back.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the WEC as well. The Faber vs. Pulver fight was one of the best fights I have watched in a long time. It was clear early on that Faber was the better skilled of the two, but I seriously started to wonder if Pulver would pull an upset because he was taking EVERYTHING that Faber had to give him and it would break Faber mentally and he would get caught.

WEC is nice too because they have the smaller weightclasses that the UFC doesn't have/show, and as the biggest bonus it is FREE even for the championship matches.