Unbelievable

Rynocerous

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Un****in believable. I am absolutly disgusted with this courts decision. I'm thinking that maybe they didn't appoint a representative because they figured that it would be a open shut case. Just speculating but it is sad nontheless, may God be with this little girl, and keep her safe. Or maybe a neighbor with a really big gun...

Cheers,

Ryan

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
holy crap.... what in the world? how could that happen?!?!?!?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I had to go through background investigations, credit checks, lie detector checks, psychological evaluations and all types of tests, interviews and training to be a cop. And still bad cops sneak through. What do you have to do to be a judge? Just get elected most of the time. Sadly there are some...lets just say "odd" people sitting behind the bench sometimes, with "odd" views.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The court may be to blame, but if they didn't have all the facts.... What bothers me is the court didn't follow the usual procedure in appointing a guardian ad litem in this case. Now that is disturbing.

However, I agree with the following:

Dakota County prosecutor Scott Hersey put the blame on Farnsworth.

"In my view, the situation in this case is unconscionable -- the fact that he is sexually abusing the victim and going into court to get custody to enable his ongoing sexual abuse of that child," Hersey said.
Why didn't anyone see this coming before the custody issue was determined?

- Ceicei

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This story made me sick to my stomach. If I could type a bad word here, i would.

T

TonyM.

As I've been saying for thirty something years, all judges in this country should be elected officials subject to a recall vote.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say.

It is reprehensible that this man was given custody of at least one of his young victims.

It is also reprehensible that they had no-one else to stand up for them, to fight for them, to protect them.

Does someone have to have CPS called in, or could someone in the judicial system recommend that the girl - or girls - be fostered out? (Not that the foster system is ideal, but they wouldn't be sent back to the same man.)

B

Baytor

I know what to say, FM. Sexual predators cannot be reformed. This guy was a "success story" for rehabilitation. I didn't work.

A minor thing here, but I wanted to point it out... He wasn't given custody of his victim, he victimized a child who was placed in his custody. I think that needed to be clarified. Still, the fact is the guy had no place being around kids. Here's a link to the local paper, it has some more info.
http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5094200.html

R

rmcrobertson

If one reads to the bottom of the article, one finds that the basic problem is a grossly-overloaded children's court system in a society that for all its pieties, is completely unwilling to spend the necessary money to protect kids, or even face up to the problem.

Incidentally, today's Republican budget deal maintained--and will subsequently extend--tax cuts for the wealthy, while cutting the budgets for the organizations that try to protect kids.

P

PeachMonkey

rmcrobertson said:
If one reads to the bottom of the article, one finds that the basic problem is a grossly-overloaded children's court system in a society that for all its pieties, is completely unwilling to spend the necessary money to protect kids, or even face up to the problem.
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Baytor said:
I know what to say, FM. Sexual predators cannot be reformed.

You got that right. The recividism rate is enormous. I'd be all for throwing away the key when it comes to guys like these.

Regards,

Steve

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, That situation is TOTALY <explative deleted>.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
You got that right. The recividism rate is enormous. I'd be all for throwing away the key when it comes to guys like these.
Regards,
Steve

I'm with ya on that but I'll go one more ... they should be made permanently impotent via surgery. Is that extreme punishment?...no not really. Considering the short and long term damage they do to their victims.
Though these perps are seriously disturbed individuals they should be given the punishment that fits the crime. They don't survive well in prisons which, IMO, a good thing.
Problem with them is that there isn't enough tell-tale warning signs to stop them ahead of time and they're so clever in manipulating a child into NOT telling that it makes it very difficult to recognize the problem until it's too late and prosecutors have a tough time trying the case as it is because the trauma done to the child is at times so severe and the intimidation factor of the courts, police and so forth makes it hard to get a "good enough to convict testimony" out of them.
Many are caught but hundreds more are still out there preying upon our beloved and innocent children.
This guy... well lets hope that the court systems will come around soon.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
It is an ugly topic that happens to other people in other places.....

I don't agree with the judge, but not knowing what other options there were for him, it seems that he tried to pick the least of all the evils....and they were all evil.

What can you really do when no one else is stepping up and saying that they want that child (and are good choices)?

Could he have put her in foster care? Sent her to another relative? I don't know.

I am disgusted as much with the whole situation of children having to live through this kind of thing with so few adults willing to say "I will help" as I am with the judge himself.

Latest Discussions