UFC 106 interview: Davis still has no love for Hardy

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-21-2009 06:00 PM:

Marcus Davis is on the comeback trail from a loss at UFC 99. Tonight he faces Ben Saunders at UFC 106. That loss to Dan Hardy was pretty emotional and is still fresh in his mind. Davis got fired up before the fight and probably a little too jacked in the cage. Hardy moved on to beat Mike Swick and earn a title shot against Georges St. Pierre, Davis told Cagewriter that's ridiculous:

"I still think he's a douchebag. I still don't like the guy. GSP will end up taking him down and just smashing his face apart, and send him back my way."

Davis said Hardy's wrestling simply isn't up to snuff:

"Marucs Davis, who's never wrestled in his life, he can take Dan Hardy down as many times and as easy as I did. I magine what Georges St. Pierre is doing to do?"

Davis wonders why Hardy is even getting the shot:

"Obviously he doesn't deserve a shot. Have you ever seen Mike swick look like that? I've never seen him look that bad. I don't think it's because Dan Hardy. I just think something happened with Swick getting over there. That was the worst mike swick I've ever seen."

Now the 6-foot-3 Saunders is standing in Davis' way. The 5-10 Davis said speed and footwork beats a reach and height advantage. He worked on a new hands speed drill for this fight and says his punch output has improved immensely.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.