TUF 10 Finale interview: Schaub is a pro, that's why he's fighting tonight

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-05-2009 10:00 AM:

Success in The Ultimate Fighter house isn't always dictated by what goes down in the cage. Dealing with the house and actually working at getting better at The UFC Training Center before and in between fights are huge factors. Brendan Schaub didn't get a lot of television during the season probably because he chose not to act like jackass or child. He came to fight and it's worked out because he's in the season 10 "Ultimate Figher Finale" tonight.

"Some of the guys should've tried out for "The Real World" instead of "The Ultimate Fighter," Schaub told Cagewriter. "I was there to win fights. As far as the trash talking and other drama, it's just not my thing. I'm a fighter. I'm not a reality star."

Schaub says Spike showed exactly what went down. If you think Matt Mitrione and James McSweeney were jerks, Schaub suggested that television doesn't lie. The former Colorado Buffalo fullback did point out that he almost got screwed on the eve of his semifinal fight against Marcus Jones. Castmates spent most of the night partying and he only got 90 minutes of sleep. Schaub went on to knockout Jones and it's the main reason he has shot against Roy Nelson even though he enters the fight as a near 3-to-1 underdog.

Schaub said he pretty much of all his time since the taping of the show ended in July, training for this fight. He worked in Denver and Albuquerque with the likes of Shane Carwin, Nate Marquardt, Eliot Marshall, Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine and Rolles Gracie.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions