Tong Bei!

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So, just found this dude on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=145AZIBAhZ0&playnext_from=TL&videos=MT1wa5y7Oy8
I thought some of the applications looked interested.
Curious if anyone knows about the lineage, the skill of the guy, other lineages.. I guess ALL info about tong bei.. let alone if anoyone knows a school in minnesota, preferably in saint paul or minneapolis! Thanks for your time!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My first Sifu knew a couple of Tongbeiquan forms but he never taught them to anyone. There are a lot of Tongbeiquan videos on YouTube some good some bad

As to Strider Clark himself I know little. As to his teachers Wang Peisheng and Zhang Yun

Wang Peisheng was the president of the Beijing Wu Style Association and I believe he was Northern Wu Style but he passed away in 2004

Zhang Yun was a student of Wang Peisheng as well as a few other guys and he is a Taiji, Bagua, Xingyi, Tongbei, and Changquan guy. And from what I can tell, from an e-mail exchange with him, a pretty knowledgeable guy. However as far as he knows no one took over the Beijing school when his sifu (Wang Peisheng) died. If I lived close to Zhang Yun it is likely I would go train with him if he would allow it.

As to Tongbeiquan (through the back fist) I know little beyond it having both empty hand and weapons forms, but maybe this link can help

Latest Discussions