Tired of Telemarketers

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been almost wanting telemarketers
It would be great fun. I could play lots of games with them. None seem to call me.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
go sign up for online offers on the net and you'll be inundated~! :D

I always ask the telemarketers "what are you wearing?"....that always seems to work....hehehe.

Taimishu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you think its bad in the states you should be here in the uk.
No laws to regulate it and it is getting worse. Now they got computers dialing and spouting the message so you cant even have the satisfaction of telling them to ****off.

I did a survey for my own interest.
Last week 97 incoming calls.
3 from my daughter.
1 from my doctor.
6 from friends.

the rest spam and telemarketing.

David :mad:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When we moved last time we got rid of our home number and my wife and I both got cell phones. No missed calls while you were out and no telemarketers.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't see it as a problem. Now, spamming is a little different, as many of those spams carry viruses, and it is a lot harder to screen spam. But calling? I don't understand why people can't screen their calls, or just tell the telemarketers who call to put them on their do not call list the old way.

I think the national registry is excessive. With voice mail and caller ID, there is no reason for a "National Do Not Call List," IMHO.

Can't wait for the hammering I'll be recieving for my unconventional opinions.

Go ahead.... :rolleyes:

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I signed up on the do not call registry, drastically reduced the number of calls. We have Caller ID, if the identity of the caller is 'Unknown' or 'Anonymous' we don't answer.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Taimishu]If you think its bad in the states you should be here in the uk.
No laws to regulate it and it is getting worse. Now they got computers dialing and spouting the message so you cant even have the satisfaction of telling them to ****off.
I did a survey for my own interest.
Last week 97 incoming calls.
3 from my daughter.
1 from my doctor.
6 from friends.
the rest spam and telemarketing.
David :mad:[/QUOTE]
Have fun with'em. I'm sure some one on this board has been a telemarketer at somepoint. I fell sorry for you if you have ever called me. An if you still a telemarketer just remember I'm not a good person to call.

Ender said:
I always ask the telemarketers "what are you wearing?"....that always seems to work....hehehe.
That ones lots of fun.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
oldnewbie said:
I did the "do not call list", and now I get more people at my front door!! Arrgh
You'd be amazed at how disinterested they suddenly become if you answer the door with a pistol stuck in your waistband ;)

As far as telemarketers, I got rid of my land-line and use a cell phone.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe this will help:

NOTICE: All suggestions have been tested and approved for use on telemarketers.

1. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on,
Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"

2. If they start out with, "How are you today?" say, "I'm so glad you asked, because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems. My arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died . . . "

3. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located, how long it has been in business, how many people work there, how they got into this line of work if they are married, how many kids they have, etc. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

5. Cry out in surprise, "Judy? Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of terror as she tries to figure out where she could know you from.

6. Say "No" over and over. Be sure to vary the sound of each one, and keep a rhythmic tempo, even as they are trying to speak. This is most fun if you can do it until they hang up.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as sinister a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends, would you be my friend?"

8. If the company cleans rugs, respond: "Can you get out blood? Can you get out goat blood? How about human blood?"

9. After the Telemarketer gives his or her spiel, ask him or her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you can't just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.

10. Tell the Telemarketer that you work for the same company and they can't sell to employees.

11. Answer the phone. As soon as you realize it is a Telemarketer, set the receiver down, scream, "Oh my God!" and then hang up.

12. Tell the Telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask him/her if he/she will give you his/her home phone number so you can call him/her back. When the Telemarketer explains that telemarketers cannot give out their home numbers say, "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The Telemarketer will agree and you say, "Me either!" Hang up.

13. Ask them to repeat everything they say, several times.

14. Tell them it is dinner time, but ask if they would please hold. Put them on your speaker phone while you continue to eat at your leisure. Smack your food
lou
dly and continue with your dinner conversation.

15. Tell the Telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you some beer.

16. Ask them to fax the information to you, and make up a number.

18. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

19. Tell them you are hard of hearing and that they need to speak up . . .
louder . . . lou
der . . .

20. Tell them to talk very slowly, because you want to write every word down.

21. If they ask for a specific person, Tell them that person is dead and continue to tell them that you still haven’t gotten over it.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Answere it and sound like a kid. Tell them I have a secret. Gradma isn't really dead. She's in the attic. Daddy told all those insurance men that she died in an accedent but shes alive and in the attic.
Not mine but I'm going to have to use it sometime.