The mystical meditation...

D

domoarigatou

i have heard from a few of my friends in martial arts that there is a special meditation technique, so i bought a book called The Mystic Arts of the Ninja hypnotism, invisibility, and weaponry by Stephen K. Hayes, and i have found it extremely helpful in all aspects of martial arts. shurikens, meditation, hypnotism and persuasion, sword uses [katana], bo staff [minimal], disarming, hiding/stealth movement, and much more! [even the correct way to fall!] if you are interested in the arts [which, you would be, since you are at this site], i highly recommend that you check this out! if anyone would like me to, i can type up some excerpts from the book that i have found to be helpful.
thanks!

~domo

OP
S

Shinzu

first let me say that stephen hayes is very well respected by the martail arts communtity and that his books are legit.

im not sure that there are any special medetation techniques though. i believe that when one meditates, he/she clears their mind in order to prepare themselves for the task that lies ahead. whether it be martial arts related or not. it helps you to focus and become more level headed.

it has done wonders for me.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are about a million meditative disciplines out there that are based on scientific and religious/philosophical/theological ideologies.

If the 'spiritual' mumbo jumbo gives you the willies, consider the number of sports psychs who use "personal video" and "self Talk" techniques from a clinical/biological perspective instead. It is very useful stuff because, at the root, it all basically teaches conscious control of a natural process that we usually are not even aware of and teaches us to be sensitive to it and focus it for personal betterment.

Years back, I read some of Hayes' Ninja series books that included medititative exercises and such. Since then, christian, scientific (biofeedback, self fulfilled prophecy stuff) and other medititative approaches have proven to be useful as well.