the jki 2011

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
.Just got home. Only had 2 competitors this year. My 11yr old 2nd Poom was up 6-0 in the final but neary ko'ed the kid and was dq'ed. Was a good fast kick but the other kid side stepped the wrong way. My 18yr old 1st dan won his final by dq. He was down by 4 and managed to back the opp out of the ring 6 times! That plus 2 groin kicks in the first round = eight kyungos and he won. Other kid was better fighter; mine was smarter. Final: one gold, one silver.How did everyone else do?

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
.Just got home. Only had 2 competitors this year. My 11yr old 2nd Poom was up 6-0 in the final but neary ko'ed the kid and was dq'ed. Was a good fast kick but the other kid side stepped the wrong way. My 18yr old 1st dan won his final by dq. He was down by 4 and managed to back the opp out of the ring 6 times! That plus 2 groin kicks in the first round = eight kyungos and he won. Other kid was better fighter; mine was smarter. Final: one gold, one silver.How did everyone else do?
Congrats. My kids did not compete as they are both broken at the moment. But we did take 6 kids down and they did an awesome job.

Poomsae = 6 Competitors - 4 Gold and 2 Silver
Gyrogi (sp?) = 5 Competitors - 5 Gold

3 black belts
1 broun belt (1st kup)
1 red belt (2nd kup)
1 blue belt (4th kup)

Was a tune up for the black belts for the Jr. PanAm open next week.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Really? Nobody else went to the jki? It was smaller than previous years.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? Nobody else went to the jki? It was smaller than previous years.
Yes it was a bit smaller than previous years. They had about 900 competitors vs. the 1200-1500 they normally have. They still had a couple of good fighters there. Many will do the PanAm games next week in LV NV. I did see Terrance Jennings there. He KO some poor guy pretty badly with a spinning hook kick.

Latest Discussions