The Fall FMA Gathering in Phoenix

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just attended the latest FMA Gathering here in Phoenix today at Encanto Park. We had beautiful fall weather, beautiful surroundings and a series of free presentations or workshops by a series of very experienced FMA instructors from different systems. Participants trained enthusiastically, learning new approaches and sharing from their own diverse FMA background. Oh.... and then the best part, the huge potluck buffet. :)

Kudos for Mr. Michael Butz of Kada Anan for setting up the whole thing.

I wonder why my kung-fu brothers and cousins can't get together like this? Even if we disagree on technique, etc. there's always the food! :D

Hey do any of you guys have anything like this happening in your areas?

OP
G

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
While I was there, the presenters were: Alessandro Ashanti ("Full-Circle" aiki-jutsu? and FMA), Guro Mike Casto (Pencak Silat), Maestro Martin Torres and Jeff LaTorre (DTE MMA), and Steve Dowd (Arnis Balite). Also in attendance were Master Gilbert Cordoncillo (Kada Anan De Cuerdas), and gathering host, Michael Butz (also Kada Anan), and other local instructors associated with these and other groups. I brought a handful of my PCE guys and we all had a great time.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. I thought it was the event Mike was going to after we talked last week in Vegas. Glad it went well and that you had a good time!

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Never seen any announcements about large FMA gatherings. Besides our head instructors, we semi regularly get the founders of our systems into the school, or hosting in a nearby state. Grandmaster Atillo was one.

Latest Discussions