The 7-11 polling process...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I stopped in the local 7-11 convienient store today for a coffee... and noticed "Vote for Kerry" on my cup... (or somthing similar) and thought "hmm. Odd."

So I looked further and noticed Bush cups as well.

I read the little display above the cups, and basicaly they are polling "Who supports who" by which cup you buy. Everytime a cup is scanned, the results go online and show which politition has more support.

That's very scientific. How many people really pay attention to whats on the styrofoam cups they buy, other than the size maybe? Escpecialy early in the morning before they have had coffee.

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna be the most inaccurate poll ever?

Im strongly considering going in and buying a different cup each morning.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
How bizarre. Did you have the choice of a regular, non-partisan cup? I think this falls into the "bad ideas" category....
They had plain cups too, that were not part of the polling process, yes.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The should have an undecided cup. Or one for Nader, which means "I want Bush to stay in office but am trying to avoid the liability for it".

T

Tkang_TKD

Or maybe they could have a cup that says vote for such and such, and when it scans, have it scan for the non-partisan. Kinda like the Florida Ballots.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hey, anything that brings more attention to the election is fine by me. I'd like to see more people get out there and vote.

that said... if I somehow managed to buy a cup cheering for the opposition before my morning caffeine, I'd be a little ticked.