The 12 gauge shotgun still rules nicely

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice to see that the good guys won:

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/875873.html

Erik Richter, armed with a loaded gun, broke into his ex-girlfriend's Wright County apartment after having threatened her. Samantha Simons' current boyfriend, Eric Cegon, shot him.

And for those of you who say "but he (Richter) was such a good boy..." think again:

1wright121506.embedded.jpg

This guy, much like many other nut jobs, wouldn't stop, despite court orders.

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What! Where's the obligatory statement in the press that he was a choirboy?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He (Cegon) said he won't keep a gun in his home anymore.

"I never had one. I never hunted. I never wanted one," he said, as Simons held his hand.
You'd think that after that he'd be making the gun-shop owners happy! I recall as a child/teenager/young adult hearing repeatedly that ANYONE that is brazen enough to enter a home in the dark of night, knowing it's occupied is not a person to trifle with and is very dangerous.
State law allows a person to defend himself or others in a home if the person believes he or she faces an imminent threat of great bodily harm or death, Kelly said. He said he will decide whether any charges are warranted against Cegon after the investigation is over and an autopsy done on Richter, who did not fire his handgun.
That the door got kicked in by the ex who was armed simply said (clearly) there was no possible way to reason with him and that there (possibly) was no escape as well, so yeah, the only alternative was to shoot him.... and twice! That, I applauded. Make damn sure he don't get up again!
I realize that Cegon will now have to live with that death on his hands/head but he did the right thing, there were children in the house as well as the mother.
Some guys just don't know well enough to leave it alone when a relationship goes sour. What the hell did that woman see in him in the first place anyway?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The kind of trash that disregards the law enough to violate a restraining order very well could be the kind of trash that violates weapons laws while violating a restraining order.

Latest Discussions