Taurus Judge

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
It'd make a decent snake gun and I could maybe see it being useful as a dedicated "anti-carjacking" gun (don't really see a whole lot of advantage over anything else) but that's it. I wouldn't use one for home defense or as a CCW gun.

If one was to use it for a car-gun, stick with buckshot...don't waste time with birdshot.

just my $0.02

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
My comments were directed at the use of shot...obviously if you have it loaded with .45 that's a little different. But why not just buy a regular revolver or semi-auto?...

I personally see this thing as kind of a gimmick...the .410 doesn't have much of a shot-charge (usually 1/2 oz. +/-), and I actually see the rapid spread of the pattern (due to the rifled barrel) as a detriment rather than an asset. I'm not going to stand in line to get shot with one but I think there are better choices out there for just about any task.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thats cool. The lack of "Stopping power" is Definatley somthing to think about. As for why not get a "normal" Semi auto or revolver, I have a .45 Semi Auto, and a .357 Mag revolver, but I liked the novelty of the Judge... Plus I would PROBABLY feel better shooting someone at close range with a 410 knowing that some shlub who might be in my LOF down the road a ways is less likely to be injured by it than a stray .357 round.

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Note that it should only be used with standard .45LC ammo, not with any of the +P .45LC offerings.

I have thought about getting one of them, but I'm a bit shy of Taurus lately. Many complaints about the quality and customer service.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
While it will do the deed, I'd prefer a more versital weapon for it's size. Like a Glock 27 or the new Glock 36 .45.

The Judge would make a good backpacking gun (except for bears and then really just about all handguns are not real good for bears.) But with five shots, I'd prefer other weapons for defense (again for it's size as I am partial for J frame Smiths.)

Deaf