Talk to me about Savate

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is probably not far off, but it still does not mitigate the fact that you (me, everyone)need to work on stretching as part of your exercise routine.
How conscious are you about getting really warmed up before you start stretching, especially statically? This is Very important and will help you tremendously.

I think this says it all:

I just dont like stretching

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sure, maybe, with no practice or training.

But after a couple of months, at least 75% of the ones who apply themselves will be able to perform a reasonable high kick. And then they'll continue to improve in terms of accuracy and technique with further practice.

Seriously, you need to stop forcing your low personal standards and expectations on everyone else.

It's possible that you are actually truly physically incapable of doing these sort of things, but I doubt it.

I have a suspicion that the real case is that you tried it once, found it a bit hard and gave up - then decided it must be your age and everyone except gifted athletes are the same.

Problem is, you're wrong and quite honestly more than a bit pathetic.

Here's a list of what you need to do:

Stop whining and moaning that it's everyone else's fault.

Shut up.

Train at your level (which means a challenge for you, but within capability).

Keep training.

Train some more.

Only go to advanced classes when you're advanced.

Maybe see a therapist about your low opinion of yourself.

I train hard but smart

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I train hard but smart

From what you've said across multiple threads, I'm sorry but I really don't believe you at all.

I think you went in with an overestimation of what you could do with no practice and failed, so you searched for something to blame and landed on your age and being not fat.

This led you to believe it wasn't possible and has severely restricted how you train and has also likely seriously curtailed your progression.

There's nothing smart about that at all.

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
From what you've said across multiple threads, I'm sorry but I really don't believe you at all.

I think you went in with an overestimation of what you could do with no practice and failed, so you searched for something to blame and landed on your age and being not fat.

This led you to believe it wasn't possible and has severely restricted how you train and has also likely seriously curtailed your progression.

There's nothing smart about that at all.
I am not blaming anyone ...just trying to find the right match...so I can grow
I don’t compete and my expectations were medium at best

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have done Krav Maga and Muay Thai for 4 yrs before I began my final quest into the other arts

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am loving mma more than bjj
My 10 classes in mma we have worked most of the class on take downs
In my 200 BJJ classes there was almost zero take downs

in mma I am first to come and last to leave
In BJJ I always left early

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mma we have done double and single legs everyday along with body lock take downs
It’s very very fun and so much to learn

Latest Discussions