Sword applications taught?

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know if and where sword applications (Or any ancient weapon such as staff, bow, sabre, spear, et cetera) are being taught in Mainland China? I.E. Not taolu (forms). I have been searching for over 2.5 years in this country with no results and am starting to feel that my own (European) sword art has been better preserved. Why didn't I study it when I had the chance (D'oh!)?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry, no.

Have you checked Taiwan of Hong Kong?

I am fairly sure that someone on mainland still teaches it but I am equally as certain they do not advertise or take many outside (Meaning non-Chinese) Students

If I get the chance I will check around the next time I am in Beijing but that won't be anytime real soon.

The only Sword type art I found in Beijing being taught, believe it or not, was Kendo.

OP
MaartenSFS

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've seen the Kendo. *Wince* Standards are so low these days... Thanks, though. I can't really get out of the mainland to study, I'm looking for something in Southern China, if possible. Traveling allowance is limited. ;)

OP
MaartenSFS

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Your PMs have exceeded the space limit:

I saw that. About Taiji, right? That's what we get for going against the establishment. It's only a matter of time before I'm off too. I'd appreciate any help you can offer. At least you have given me some hope.

Latest Discussions