So I have finally gone shooting.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In case any one was interested. I not terrible!
I guess I should give this thread mre than that so I was swondering who here has gone shooting?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What kind of shooting did you do? Using what kind of weapon? Distance? Moving target? Please let us know. How did you enjoy the experience?

Please do give us more information. Recreational shooting is a hoot! Competition is fun too!

I just recently started shooting air rifle competitions and am having a blast. My husband is an avid handgun and rifle shooter for many years. My children have and still do enjoy air rifle competitions as well.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
glad to see that you've enjoyed the art of shooting. it's even better when your trigger finger kills things.

i went shooting this morning as well. kinda poor conditions but still got 4 cottontails and 3 red squirrels.

as for my arsenal, i've got 1 Stinger Arms AR-15 with 16" barrel and collapsable stock (civilian model of the M4), as well as a Mossberg 500 camo 12 gauge and the Remington 870 12 gauge Turkey Camo. although, of all of them, my favorite is my Powerline 977 .177 pellet rifle w/ 5 shot clip. great fun in the backyard!

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it would probably be safe to say that all the people who frequently post on this board (with the exception of a few troublemakers here and there) have gone shooting a time or two. :D

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
someguy said:
In case any one was interested. I not terrible!
I guess I should give this thread mre than that so I was swondering who here has gone shooting?

I have, although not as much as I did when I was younger. It is great fun provided you have a competent and experienced shooter as your guide. Also, firearms skills are essential for the martial artist (and others), IMO. Also, ignorance breeds fear and I think one reason that many people are so opposed to firearms is because they fear what they are unfamiliar with. Fifty years ago, most people were familiar with firearms and had them readily available - and didn't use them against each other in the way that happens today. As an older friend said to me - back when he was a child everybody had guns and nobody used them (against each other, he meant). Go shooting as often as you can until you are familiar with firearms. It's a great pastime.

Latest Discussions