Silat in Cambridge, Ma??

tsuku

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for a school to study Silat in Cambridge/Boston. Preferably one with less of a sporting focus. Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Bobby135

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I am not sure of any Silat schools in the area, but there is a Modern Arnis teacher out of Somerville. If you go to Myspace and look up Modern Arnis of Somerville. He is a great teacher and also combines Wing Chun, and Small Circle Jiu Jitsu with his teaching. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Bobby

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
There's a school- Sityodtung in Somerville also. 100 Broadway St. it teaches Silat/Kali/Boxing/BJJ/ Muay Thai/JKD. It's run by Mark Dellogratte (sp.?). He's been on the UFC and trains some of the local fighters. Just google sityodtung.

Jack Latorre

White Belt
Reaction score
Tsuku--

I would strongly recommend Wesley Tasker. Among the arts he is proficent in, he is an instructor under Bapak Willem De Thouars.

I go on and say glowing things about his knowledge, pedagogy and combative approach, but I think it best to see for yourself. He happens to be a good friend of mine as well.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tsuku--

I would strongly recommend Wesley Tasker. Among the arts he is proficent in, he is an instructor under Bapak Willem De Thouars.

I go on and say glowing things about his knowledge, pedagogy and combative approach, but I think it best to see for yourself. He happens to be a good friend of mine as well.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

I've seen Wes move and he is quite impressive. It's even more impressive to talk to him - he's quite the prolific reader (not just martial arts). I also hear he is a gifted healer.

_Don Flatt

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tsuku--

I worked with him a few months ago. He is truly gifted and Highly Smart in Alot of Areas. I would go to him If living in the Boston area.

Kosho

Latest Discussions