Shinbudo???

K

khadaji

Well, as it seems now I am going to be trapped in Minnesota for likely a year atleast. My dreams of going somewhere to continue my training in Sytema is falling short.

As a result I have been looking around for some other places near by for an alternative art to train in.

I found a place that offors classes in an art called "Shinbudo." Seems to be like systema in some aspecs.

What do people think of this style? (if you have trained in it)

Is it simular to Systema?

The class also mixis in a Brazilian veriant of "Jiu Jitsu" but that is i belive the instructers style of most experience.

The school also seems to offor "Eskrima" and "Aikido" and seems to hint some others.

I got this information from there web site. http://www.warriorscove.com/
:flammad:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aikido places great emphasis on motion and the dynamics of movement. The application of aikido technique requires very little strength, therefore, aikido can be utilized by older people, women, men, practically everyone! Most importantly, properly executed aikido techniques will not result in severe injury to an opponent
I have to take exception to this one. If properly executed and done at force enough to actually be a self defense technique many, MANY, of the techniques in aikido will at the least do serious joint, ligament and nerve damage. Many of the techniques take very little modification to be a killing technique (dropping someone on the neck versus the upper back/shoulders).

Latest Discussions